5.0 out of 5 stars Clouds In My House!, 8 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Angel Rat (Audio CD)
Angel Rat for me has to rank as the zenith of their achievements sonically as a band anyway for Voivod. Its where all it all came together for them in every way possible. Sure its still experimental, in fact side two should've been labelled 'experimental' and side one was the more song oriented with gems like Clouds In My House which is so beautiful and sublime it rides along on some of the sweetest rock riffs i've ever heard, Piggy had really refined and defined his sound by now and the singing of Snake will take your breath away. Prow follows and maintains the order of strong hooks with the moody title track, Golem, Nu Age Fractal and Freedoom being other higlights as well as the powerful opener Panorama which blasts away at breakneck speed on heavy mutated riffs. Its everything you would wanna here in cutting edge music. By now Voivod had left behind the straightjacket metal idiom for something more adventurous, at times their sound is genre defying which is why they are such an important band and one of my favourite artists. Its my favourite album by them followed by Dimension Hatross and Outer Limits. Away, Piggy, Blacky and Snake all excelled themselves here both as musicians and songwriters. Get it and blast it loud.

5.0 out of 5 stars Undiscovered GEM!!!, 30 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Angel Rat (Audio CD)
Voivods albums are sometimes so exreme as to be a recorded headache! HOWEVER this one this pure brilliance! Its still quite odd, it still deals with weird and deep concepts. It will make you think, may make you uneasy, but it is also a great rocking album, that has some of their best songs they've ever recorded. I highly recommend it - Favorite song - Golem

5.0 out of 5 stars I want more!!!, 28 May 2008
J. Fowler "NiceTime" (Newhaven, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angel Rat (Audio CD)
I love this album. I bought it when it came out and thought that it was good, but nowhere near as good as Dimension or Nothingface. All these years later I think it's at least as good. You can hear a bit of Siouxsie And The Banshees, a bit of Floyd, and it works. This isn't 'thrash', it isn't 'punk' - it has a 'punky' energy. To call it 'Heavy Metal' would be an insult. It's deffinitely Voivod, but simpler, melodic, even my partner loves it. It's similar to the last two (Newstead) albums but MUCH more interestng with MUCH stronger material - and of course Blacky's contribution is essential to the REAL Voivod sound. Maybe I'm just an old romantic, but I wish there were more albums like this; if anyone knows of any, please let me know!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Voivod - Angel Rat, 6 Oct. 2009
K. M. Archibald (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angel Rat (Audio CD)
Brilliant album, I highly recommend. One of their best albums but a little hard to get with some pretty high prices out in the market place.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great album from legends of the genre, 7 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Angel Rat (Audio CD)
This completes my Voivod collection and having waited a while for it i can say that it was worth it!

Angel Rat
Angel Rat by Voivod (Audio CD - 1991)