4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable compilation but not the best available
This album was issued in 1990 and coincided with the reissue of Bowie's back catalogue CD's on EMI and a greatest hits tour. This isn't a bad collection of Bowie's hits and covers both his 70s and 80s work but, because of this coverage and the fact it is limited to one CD, you feel as though you're not really getting anything like the complete picture - a bit like if...
Published on 30 Jun 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars A good starting point
This is where it all started for me - my mum bought this for herself when it came out in 1990 and I borrowed it to listen to Ashes to Ashes, a song I remembered from my early childhood. Naturally, that led me to Space Oddity and then I worked in from there... 18 years on, I still don't know anyone who loves Bowie as much as me (although I'm sure they're out there). My mum...
Published on 23 Dec 2008 by D. M. Deeks

5.0 out of 5 stars ChangesBowie, 26 Feb 2014
This review is from: ChangesBowie (MP3 Download)
An iconic list of David Bowies' work. I was actually after the ChangesOne album but ChangesBowie contains all of these and some of his later hits. Well worth the money for Bowie fans and those who are thinking of buying their first Bowie album.

5.0 out of 5 stars david changes, 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: Changesbowie (Audio CD)
For value for money the best of david bowie comes first.Its one of those cd,s that you put on and remember why you bought it all those years ago.Great tunes

5.0 out of 5 stars Most of David Bowie's Classic Songs by the Artist Himself., 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: ChangesBowie (MP3 Download)
I have been a David Bowie fan ever since I heard his first album in 1971, and I enthused about Space Oddity which was his first successful single. He is a Colossus of modern music in the same class as Dylan and John Lennon and Paul McCartney. I love him as a brother.

5.0 out of 5 stars Niceee collection, 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: Changesbowie (Audio CD)
An excellent collection of songs, If you love Bowie its a must have in any music collection :D :D :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Core Sample, 12 July 2013
GelS (Walton-on-Thames, Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ChangesBowie (MP3 Download)
Somehow I missed this classic representation of some of Bowie's seminal tracks on CD. Not to worry, Amazon MP3 to the rescue - 18 stunning tracks many remastered for depth and clarity. This should be at the heart of anyone's Bowie library, in my opinion. All at the click of a mouse!

5.0 out of 5 stars bowie, 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: Changesbowie (Audio CD)
I bought this record because I had it yonks ago and nostalgia is a great pull ,any way it is as good as I remembered

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Selection, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Changesbowie (Audio CD)
This CD was perfect. As a Bowie fan, I have all of the material, its just about getting the CDs along the way. Some great remixs and in geneal a good selection chosen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bowie, 3 April 2013
This review is from: Changesbowie (Audio CD)
Has lost this Cd many years ago so looked forward to its arrival. Will buy used CD again as they are excellent value for money. This is one of my favorite Bowie Albums as it has a good mix of all his styles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius !, 22 Nov 2012
This review is from: Changesbowie (Audio CD)
Every track is a classic, form John im only dancing, heroes and Rebel Rebel right through to China Girl, this is Bowie at his best !

4.0 out of 5 stars Changesbowie, 11 Feb 2012
This review is from: Changesbowie (Audio CD)
Is a compilation released in 1990, and covers bowie's career from 1969 to 1990. Starting with space oddity and early hits like changes and ziggy stardust from the glam years, moving to the "plastic soul" of young americans and fame. Golden years and heroes from the thin white duke era, then two tracks from scary monsters, bowie's last great album. The strange thing for me though is why are there three tracks from the lets dance album? The best one for me being china girl, this album being a single cd would have been better if it had contained more songs like life on mars and starman. This would have made it essential for anyone new to bowie's music and the reason i only give it four stars, still a good album though best bought cheap second hand.

Changesbowie
Changesbowie by David Bowie (Audio CD - 1990)