Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£21.77+ £1.26 shipping

on 19 October 2008
This is to my mind far and away the best Nozze recording I have heard, for singing,acting and orchestrally. Daniel Barenboim conducts with a light but deeply satisfying touch and one cannot imagine a better cast - Heather Harper as the Countess, Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau as the Count(I'm sure noone has ever sung the role better), Geraint Evans as Figaro, Teresa Berganza as Cherubino and, perhaps a lesser known name but one I must put in a very strong word for, Judith Blegen as Susanna. Her feisty charm in the role is perfect and her singing of Deh vieni in Act IV shows the beauty of her voice matches her acting ability. It is such a shame that this recording is now virtually unobtainable. Beautiful as it is it is hard to imagine anyone paying around £120 for a copy. Perhaps someone will reissue it soon.
on 29 September 2010
I couldn't agree more with the first review. I treasure this recording ... for all the performances, though in all honesty, I sought this out for one in particular ... Teresa Berganza's. Her version of the aria 'Voi che sapete che cosa è amor' shook me up ... it was the first time I had really heard opera and Mozart. Now I am much more rounded of course (!) but this still raises the hairs on the back of my neck!