Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 January 2006
This album is a nice, must have collector's item.
Even so if you are going to buy it, I strongly recommend the version with the B Sides.
With the regular one CD version all you get is a compilation of all the radio songs, and some songs that don't really show anyone what U2 were about in the 80's.
From Joshua Tree there are only hits in the album... only the radio songs as I call them, and War is almost neglected, as is Boy and October...
For some reason there are a lot of songs from Rattle and Hum...
I don't really understand why the B Sides version was the Limited edition, it doesn't make sense for U2 to make a 'Best of' album of only hits when they clearly are a band with such great songs that never manage to make it onto single.
Here in Portugal I didn't even see any other edition rather than the 2 CD's one, bless that.
So yeah, I recommend this version, the "limited" one if you already know U2 and love them beside their singles. ;)
If not, what bad can it do you listening to some good B sides...
on 22 June 2004
THIS ALBUM CAN ONLY BE DESCRIBED AS PURE GENIUS. THE B-SIDES ARE AS GOOD AS THE A-SIDES WITH MY FAVOURITE BEING THE UNIQUE VERSION OF UNCHAINED MELODY. THE ORIGINAL OF THIS SONG WAS SANG WITH NO PASSION AT ALL ALTHOUGH THE WORDS OF THE SONG ARE SOMETHING YOU WOULD BE SAYING IF YOU WERE IN TURMOIL. BONO MANAGES TO SING THE SONG AS THOUGH HE MEANS WHAT HE IS SAYING. I WAS TOTALLY BLEW AWAY BY THIS VERSION OF THE SONG. ON THE A-SIDES IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE A FAVOURITE AS THEY ARE ALL BRILLIANT.
on 28 September 2002
This is an excellent collection of U2's work, but it lacks maybe one or two tracks that I feel really should have made it on here.
The B sides are excellent, having heard most of them before it was no surprise, but my favourite track on here, is Spanish Eyes without a doubt, loved it when I first heard it in The Joshua Tree days but it still makes me smile.
Got to be bought if you're a fan and even if you're not a U2 fan, this album should be in your collection.
on 23 December 2015
I only received 1 disc and it was all 'B' sides. I originally wanted the 'a' sides but seen this came with the 'b' sides and thought I'd take it. Disappointed. I'll go buy the 'a' side singles CD elsewhere.
on 2 October 2004
Not that many bands can FILL a CD with material worthy of the description 'best of'.
That U2 have successfully managed to fill TWO says a lot about their longevity and the usual high quality of their work.
I'm not a die-hard U2 fan, all that ZooTV stuff lost me totally, but I can honestly say neither this album (or the post 1990 one) has a track you could describe as filler material.
Looking back, some of the Zoo era stuff WAS good, even great, and that's what these albums let you do.
Well worth buying even if you already have some U2 albums.
on 7 March 2011
I bought this cd a few years ago but somehow misplaced it .While I was in the pub the other day, it came on the jukebox and I thoughtI need to buy it again so I did.
on 13 December 2013
For the fans this is a must-have, very good selection of the best musics of the 80's decade!

I Recommended!
on 4 March 2013
the best and nothing but the best
all the songs I love in one place speakers watch out here they come
on 1 June 2016
They could have added more tracks from their early years but still a good collection of songs
on 28 September 2013
THIS ALBUM IS FAB i LOVE U2 AND i LISTEN TO IT ALL THE TIME i AM GOING TO BUY MORE U2 ALBUMS