5.0 out of 5 stars We were very pleased with the CDs - they gave us a good ...
We were very pleased with the CDs - they gave us a good grounding in the opera before we went to see it in Truro. Postage, however, was very slow. We would have liked a bit longer to listen to it before the performance. I'm sure we will carry on enjoying 2 very good CDs in the future. Our Truro production was excellent.
Published 8 months ago by peter

3.0 out of 5 stars Late
I was disappointed by the singing of Cheryl Studer as Gilda. Her voice is thin and tremulous to my ears. The rest of the cast are excellent and the orchestral playing and chorus are thrilling.

Published 22 months ago by Mr. R. Farrell

3.0 out of 5 stars Late, 12 Aug. 2013
This review is from: GIUSEPPE VERDI: Rigoletto (Audio CD)

The delivery was late but to be fair to the seller they e-mailed me about 5 days before the delivery deadline to say that they thought there had been a hold up at the importing airport and would send another, which they did.

5.0 out of 5 stars We were very pleased with the CDs - they gave us a good ..., 10 Oct. 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to find a reason for buying this one, 7 Aug. 2011
Per Arne Rudberg "P-A Rudberg" (Vallentuna, Sweden) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GIUSEPPE VERDI: Rigoletto (Audio CD)
This is a good recording, but far from a first choice. The conducting by Maestro Levine is lacking vitality and sharpness. Pavarotti really knows the Duke, but he has done it better in earlier recordings. Studer is not a Gilda. Chernov is good - but good is not enough in this opera.

GIUSEPPE VERDI: Rigoletto
GIUSEPPE VERDI: Rigoletto by G. Verdi (Audio CD - 2011)