Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 April 2006
THIS IS NOT THRASH METAL - perhaps it should carry a Parental Advisory sticker: Mosher Advisory, this album does not contain any thrash metal!

If you understand that before you press the play button you're in for a treat. Well, you're in for a treat if you like Hard Rock!

I love thrash metal, but Metallica haven't released a thrash album in almost 20 years, if that's what you want you'd better try Slayer. Don't buy this and then come crying to me when it's not Master of Puppets
on 2 July 2015
on 2 March 2015
Excellent
on 19 June 2014
This was disappointing given the ratings shown. The CD is scratched and jumps. Not playable. I won't be buying from here again.
on 29 July 2013
Present for nephew who is a drummer in a local band. He is into this sort of music, and loves it.
on 2 February 2013
I got this as a pressy for my grand son he plays the guitarand is into heavy metal and Meatalica
on 22 September 2014
one of my fav. albums. give me fuel give me fire give me that which i desire.
on 19 July 2014
The one track I wanted was well worth the penny I paid for the album.
on 18 June 2008
Well my last review I wasn't completely fair as I didn't listen to this album that much. But recenlty I discorverd a song of theirs called Prince Charming which is such an awesome song, so I decided to givre the rest of the album a chance and what do you know it's another excellent album by Metallica.

Of course for this album you have to be open minded, now I am a fan of Heavy Metal(obsessed if you will) but I also really like blues rock, Country(if it's on I wouldn't want to destroy the cd or radio or anything) and I always know that on a lot of cds when you first listen to you might be dissapointed but you gotta give it a chance man.

Now onto this album I'd say the only filler here is Slither which is pretty lame as James's vocals are pretty unbearable, but the rest of the album is excellent some songs better then others and some just plain rock. My favourites from this album are Fuel, The Unfogiven II, Better Than You, Carpe Diem Baby, Where The Wild Things Are, Prince Charming(one of my personal faves), Low Mans Lyrics & Attitude(one of my personl faves). A good mix of genres here like Low Man's Lyrics is very country(and great) and Attitude and Prince Charming are great ac/dc type rockers.

Overall this album is great for a Metallica fan who aint so upset about them being so called sellouts and who just likes great music. Enjoy!!! I know it aint a great review but it's a great album and a great band! ! !
on 23 February 2007
first off it really angers me to hear people saying "this isnt metallica", well it is you idiot you just dont like where they are going,but its their choice,and they still got your money,its not like you dont get the chance to hear where they are going with the new material before you buy the thing.

now then re-load,its good in places,these places are at the beginning,it then pretty much all goes wrong from track 6 onwards.

even the good stuff is not thrash,got that NOT A THRASH ALBUM. you want thrash go buy slayer or the haunted. this is metallica doing what they want because they can,and being very inventive for their own good and i respect them for it,but it doesnt mean that i have to like all of it.

for the most part i do,fuel,the memory remains,devils dance(my personal fave) and the unforgiven II are all great, the rest are just a bit forgetable, and by metallica`s own very high standards they are a bit sub-standard.

but approach with an OPEN MIND and you may enjoy this album,buy the rest,i mean like all their other gear first and leave this one till last as it is the runt of the litter.