5.0 out of 5 stars Dreamy, Melodic & Summery
Although Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness was more ambitious and diverse, Siamese Dream is arguably the best album in the Smashing Pumpkins catalog. In 1993, the Smashing Pumpkins were probably one of the most original bands of the alternative scene. With incredible soundscapes of guitar distortion, Billy Corgan's impassioned and ethereal vocals, and Jimmy...
Published on 17 Mar 2006 by mell_2

2.0 out of 5 stars Extremely disappointed
Published on 15 Feb 2012 by Shterten ze Bertens

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but..., 18 Jan 2009
Howard Arrowsmith "Howie A" (Bath, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Siamese Dream (Audio CD)
I fell in love with this album when it came out and decided today to play it today for the first time in ages as I've recently upgraded my CD player.

Well the tunes are still great but it sounds as though it was recorded in a dustbin. I'm really quite shocked and surprised just how bad the recording is. Thus I've given it just 4 stars when it is a 5 star album. Hopefully they'll reissue it on a remastered version. It deserves to sound better than it does.

2.0 out of 5 stars Extremely disappointed, 15 Feb 2012
This review is from: Siamese Dream (Audio CD)
My low rating has got nothing to do with music. The remastered version of this superb album sounds great and the outtakes cd proves how good Smashing Pumpkins were at their peak. My rating has to do with the fact that the remastered disc does not play properly. I returned the first one I received because there was a strange scratchy sounding noise when the disc was spinning. The replacement cd was even worse so now I am going to have to return it for a refund. The other cd in the box set plays perfectly, as does the original version of Siamese Dream I bought 20 years ago. I also bought the remastered gish box set and it has the same problem. I have a high quality red book cd player so I know the problem isn't with it.

Siamese Dream
Siamese Dream by Smashing Pumpkins (Audio CD - 1993)
Click for more info