5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 14 Sep 2002
P.L. Rees (Tranent, East Lothian United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gluck: Dance of the Blessed Spirits/Romantic Works for Flute and Harp (Audio CD)
I was lucky enough to be in a store where it was easy to listen to the CD before buying it. My first thought was that I have already have most of the pieces that are on the CD. Then I heard it. All I can say is, never mind if you have all the pieces in standard orchestration in your collection, buy this CD. It is delightful, relaxing and not to be missed. Happy listening.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautifully relaxing experience, 8 April 2005
Elise (Southend on Sea, UK) - See all my reviews
I don't pretend to be an expert on classical music, so this is not a review of the technique and style of the musicians on this disc. I enjoy this music because I doubt you could find many collections designed to help you relax more. What makes it even better is that it is excellent value for money.
Very few (if any) of these pieces were originally composed for just flute and harp, but even if you already know the pieces in their other forms I doubt very much that you will find anything to dislike in the adapted forms. Flute and harp together give a gentle, soothing quality to these pieces, which I find very effective in helping me to de-stress.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 18 Dec 2012
The title put me off slightly but all recommendations were right, it really is a beautiful cd. Useful for many occasions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peaceful and meditative CD, 30 April 2013
I needed some harp music and this was a good combination for a special occasion. Thank you for the advert

Gluck: Dance of the Blessed Spirits/Romantic Works for Flute and Harp
Gluck: Dance of the Blessed Spirits/Romantic Works for Flute and Harp by Christoph Willibald Gluck (Audio CD - 1998)