on 16 November 1999
Buffy has always been an adventurous musician despite her guitar-strumming, country-girl image. She was probably the first singer to work with a purely electronic arrangement, and the first to bring the injustices suffered by the native North Americans to popular attention. This 1992 album was her first recording since the mid-Seventies, and she embraces new technology, recording most of the intrumentation herself in her home studio using digital media. Some of the songs are stronger than others, but all are excellent. One or two of these songs rank alongside the very best she has ever done in her 35-year career. It's a pity that her contempories have been unable to move with the times, as Buffy has!
on 25 November 2009
Buffy Sainte-Marie did much to highlight the plight of indigenous people worldwide, courting controversy as a result and putting herself at risk. Her Native Amercican roots shine through her music, which is nonetheless accessable to all. Songs such as 'Disinformation' and 'Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee' pack a political punch whilst at the same time showing her skill as as a singer/songwriter. My particular favourite though is 'Starwalker' which showcases her voice at its best, and its gutsy chorus and lyrics leaves no doubt as to her background.

This album, produced in 1992 has stood the test of time. I find the more I listen to it, the more I love it.
on 4 July 2010
Coincidence (and Likely Stories)

Incredible album, it opens your eyes to some of the injustices and corruption that still exists in the world, despite all the assurances we are given that 'these sort of things don't happen any more'!!! Buffy still has her finger on the pulse, and I am greatful for her presence in the world.
on 23 November 2009
Late one night I couldn't sleep and turned the radio on, the song Goodnight was playing and it just stuck in my head. I tracked down the cd and am sooo glad I did.

Put it on, lie back in the dark and just listen to tracks like "The Big Ones Get Away' and 'Goodnight'. Complete and utter perfection.

Only wish I could sing like that......................
on 11 March 2015
I love this CD there isn't a bad track on it , my personal faves are Starwalker, love this version, and Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee.I saw Buffy in concert in London in 1992 and she played a lot of these songs, brilliant live and brilliant on this CD,my all time fave artist and still going strong now excellent CD.
on 9 February 2015
Saw this amazing artist live a couple of years ago and have been collecting her albums since then. She is quoted as saying she liked this one best ( she may have said that before she made Running For The Drum ) . I think it is one of her best
on 14 April 2013
i bought this cd many years ago one of best of buffy cds in my collection
the opening is sublime i never tire of hearing it sandi thom has done it
with buffy on her cd flesh and blood but buffy nails it for me
on 27 April 2014
Owned this cd before, but lost it in an old player. Has a brilliant voice and style, so pleased to be able to track it down again!
Recommend.
on 7 May 2014
A great favourite for years on cassette! Now upgraded to CD. Not one weak track on the whole album. Buffy St. Marie is such an underrated artist.
on 18 February 2016
I got this to replace an old tape my husband had. It's the well known songs all superbly sung, many of them ' protest songs. '