4.0 out of 5 stars A delicious, golden album from Apple
A lovely debut from the band who were subsequently renamed "Badfinger", "Maybe Tomorrow" features straight, meaty, melodic guitar pop. Although a product of the late 1960s, there's little trace of revolution or psychedelia. Instead, The Iveys explore several different approaches with "Rubber Soul" and the straighter elements of "Revolver" seemingly in mind.
Upbeat,...
Published on 19 Oct 2005 by D. J. H. Thorn

3.0 out of 5 stars Iveys ( Pre-Badfinger ) : Interesting Album
Published on 24 Jun 2006 by Morten Vindberg

4.0 out of 5 stars A delicious, golden album from Apple, 19 Oct 2005
D. J. H. Thorn "davethorn13" (Hull, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Maybe Tomorrow (Audio CD)
Upbeat, uptempo fun is represented by "See Saw, Grandpa" and "Sali Bloo"; mid-paced pop by "Beautiful And Blue" and "I'm In Love"; ballads by the title track and "Angelique". All of these are superb. The rest of the songs are mostly off the beaten track for this band, but are largely just as good. "They're Knocking Down Our Home" is somewhat archaic in style, but memorable, while "Fisherman" is only partly successful. Perhaps the biggest surprise is the awesome, six-minute "I've Been Waiting", a murderously heavy number by their standards, the kind of song you might expect Free or Deep Purple to tackle.
The four bonus tracks are good without being remarkable, but are worth their inclusion. Overall, "Maybe Tomorrow" is a must for anyone interested in Badfinger. It's also better than the follow-up, "Magic Christian Music" (Badfinger) which contains several of the tracks from this album.

3.0 out of 5 stars Iveys ( Pre-Badfinger ) : Interesting Album, 24 Jun 2006
Morten Vindberg (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maybe Tomorrow (Audio CD)
I can't deny that I was very disappionted when I first received my copy of this album around 1993. Not that I expected a record superior to the Badfinger albums I knew at that time (in fact most of them!) - but I had hoped to discover at least one or two "new" good Pete Ham songs. Some of the songs I knew already from "The Magic Christian" and among them I really like/liked Tom's "Beautiful and Blue" and Pete's "They're Knocking Down Our Home".

My first impression of the album was that it very lightweight and actually 2-3 years behind its time. I still regard this album as a beginner's experiments; most of it pure sixties pop - not much pointing towards the great songs to come in the 70's. Of course as a true fan of Badfinger you give any Badfinger/related album several chances before you give them up - and naturally you always discover some great moments. For me these are "Sali Bloo" and "I've Been Waiting" along with the two already mentioned.

I think one of the problems with this album is that it's much too nice - very few rough ends - especially the vocals are often too cute. Another problem is the great variety in styles which gives an inconsistant impression of the album. The 4 bonus tracks don't help the general impression of the album - they fit nicely into it. It is obvious that Pete's and Tom's songwriting abilities have not fully developed at this point - but we know from "7 Park Avenue" that Pete had written several songs much superior to most of the material on this album.

My favourites: Beautiful and Blue, Sali Bloo, They're Knocking Down Our Home and I've Been Waiting

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Aug 2014
All good. Thanks

Maybe Tomorrow
Maybe Tomorrow by The Iveys (Audio CD - 2004)