Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£19.19+ £1.26 shipping

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 29 September 2012
I love The Equalizer and have done so since I was a child, the fact that you can now purchase the complete series on DVD is simply wonderful:

The Equalizer Season 1 [DVD]

The Equalizer - Season Two [DVD]

The Equalizer - Season Three [DVD]

The Equalizer - Season Four [DVD]

For me the theme tune is the quintessential 80's televison score, it has a real driving menace to it and perfectly captures the tone of the show.

I even have it as my ringtone.

For me the musical excellence does not stop at the main theme though, the other music that ran through the show was very much of its time, superbly atmospheric and a fine example of electronica.

However, despite my love for this music it is only recently that I made the effort to find out more about its background.

It was to my great surprise that the main theme (and a great deal of the in-show score) was composed and performed by Stewart Copeland, best known as the drummer for the band The Police.

On researching further I discovered that Stewart Copeland had composed a number of scores for both the cinema and televison, good examples being:

Rumble Fish

Silent Fall

Dead Like Me (Television series soundtrack)

Anyway, I found this album and thought I'd give it a go..............

I was very gald I did!

7 - Tancred Ballet [3:20]
8 - Dark Ships [5;33]
9 - Flowershop Quintet [3:42]
10 - Rag Pole Dance [4:25]

The album was first released in 1988 and all the tracks are written, composed and performed by Stewart Copeland.

It really is an excellent album, quite different from anything else in my collection, and I would put it forward as one of the better examples of 80's electronica.

My favourite track is 'The Equalizer Busy Equalizing' (no surprise there then!), but there also some other gems, with 'Lurking Solo', 'Archie David In Overtime' and 'Tancred Ballet' being superb examples of the genre and era.

A highly recommended album that warrants regular plays and is a bit 'different', an unusual and unique addition to a musical collection.
on 24 June 2012
Back in the 80's, my older brother had this on cassette (he was a big Police fan) and I would play the tape over and over. Cassettes went the way of the dinosaur and I waited in vain for the cd release (other than extremely expensive imports). And then I joined the digital age and found that I could download childhood favourites onto my laptop. This album's instrumentals have always haunted me and it's good to hear Stuart Copeland's talents being given free reign. If you can remember 'The Equalizer' tv series, then the theme music gives a flavour of what's on offer but by no means sets the tone for the whole album. A great piece of (sadly over looked) 80's electronica.