Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 February 2013
I knew one track of Sidney Bechet but not that it was by him. The track that I knew was from Midnight in Paris or Midday in Glaris (Google it) and has haunted me for a while. My interest was kindled looking at the Mid-day in Glaris clip on You Tube and I just couln't get it out of my head. With a little help from Shazam I discovered Sidney Bechet and thought I would take the plunge. The eagerly awaited CD was there when I got home from work a few days later and it went straight on the CD player.

Never have I been so impressed by a collection of old mono recordings. They don't even sound like mono. Every track is absolutely outstanding and this is a really "happy" CD. A friend described one track as funeral music to which another asked "What kind of funerals do you go to?" New Orleans Jazz and more.

This has become a real favourite in only a very short time and I have had it on in the house and in the car nearly all of the time since it arrived. I am not really in to Jazz but this will get me absolutely hooked.

Wow, what a cracker!
on 14 July 2012
Lovely CD...every track a sheer joy to listen to. Reminds me of sunny days sitting on cafe terraces in France
on 4 May 2014
This is a wonderful collection of Sidney Bechet music, including the very famous piece used in, the equally wonderful Midnight In Paris.
on 17 May 2016