4.0 out of 5 stars American 60s bubblegum pop / rock band worth investigating.
This cd is very Jeckl and Hyde. The first 13 tracks are bubblegum popish and most of them are quite good, "Green Tambourine", "Shoeshine Boy" and "I was not born to follow" are the standout tracks for me. These first 13 or so all have a naive childlike charm and optimism and are quite melodic, i suppose they sound a cross between the Ohio...
Published on 29 Dec 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Pop or Rock - the great divide
The other reviewers have basically summed up this album very eloquently, but I would still like to share my thoughts.
This best of album is a mixed up version of their only two releases from 1967 + 1968.
Everything was on the up for them when they reached number one in the States with "Green Tambourine" (one of my favourite 60's songs), unfortunately, this...
Published on 4 Sep 2011 by Metalstar

5.0 out of 5 stars lemon pipers rule!!!!!!!!! by graham cole, 12 April 2013
This review is from: The Best Of (Audio CD)
wow wow and thrice wow! what a mind blast! most reviewers have already covered the obvious tracks. but I agree the jelly jungle is a great track. 20yrs ago I played that on a short term radio station in thanet where I live and the reaction was WOW! sadly we didn't get the local licence(shame). from track 12 they change direction track 14 through with you is my standout track as im a byrds fan and the guitar work is similar. buy this album or ill come round your place and smack your botty and send you to bed with no tea----so there. BUY IT NOW OR ELSE!!!!!!

The Best Of
The Best Of by Lemon Pipers (Audio CD - 1998)