Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Shop now

Flesh & Blood
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£13.73+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 28 April 2001
My first experience of Maddy Prior's music was at a concert to mark the launch of the Flesh and Blood cd. One listen to songs such as Sheath and Knife and The Rolling English Road, inspired by a poem by G.K. Chesterton, and I was hooked. I was struck by the intelligence of the lyrics along with the amazing talent of all three contributors.
Maddy Prior's soulful voice combines beautifully with the various instruments used to evoke strong feelings of emotion/atmosphere throughout. The final song, Heart of Stone, written by Maddy Prior's husband Rick Kemp has become one of my all time favourites. For anyone who has not yet discovered Maddy Prior this is the album to choose. I challenge anyone with a soul not to love it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 23 November 2013
Good album, but took a long time to be posted, would realy recommend this to any Maddy Prior fan or folk fan
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again