on 29 November 2002
I love this album! I originally bought it on tape at a car boot sale but it got chewed up in the car stereo. Having repurchased this on CD, I am happy again. It is great to drive to, to do housework to, to read with or just to feel uplifted. It is my favourate World Music album, and it's a hundred times better than Sacred Spirit. Raindance really captures the imagination without preaching or glorifying what it is to be Native American. I am only sorry that the customs and traditions from which this album was drawn are dwindling. I have a sneaky feeling that the X-Files theme tune may even have been inspired by one of the tracks.
on 17 September 2001
The mood created by this CD is incredible. You might well find yourself chanting and dancing to the rithm, as it pulls you into it's own world. A good production, with clean sounds, and a good overall performance. Highly enjoyable.I reccommend it vividly.
on 17 October 2001
I first brought this album about 3 years ago and must admit that it is one of my favourites. After buying this album it persuaded me to purchase "Sacred Spirit" but find it is not quite as good as this album. Anyone who has heard "Sacred Spirit" and enjoyed it, listen to this album. Transformed from once a living legend to todays music it relaxes the mind and you can feel the reality that once dominated the lands of America. An album with events from pure sadness to happinness when these tribes lived on the plains praying for rain and so forth hence the name "Raindance".
A brilliant album, so fantastic I would like to see it live.
on 26 July 2012
I bought this CD when it was first released all those years ago and at that time my friends thought i was losing my mind as it wasn't exactly fashionable, but i was at that point in my life when i really needed some sort of aid to help with relaxation and this certainly did the job.
Now a days, well i go through spells of wanting to listen to this CD, but when i do it never disappoints and i listen to it absolutely everywhere, in the car, in the bath, whist reading, when walking..... This CD is just magical and i will never tire of it, it really is timeless.
on 6 April 2013
This cd is a very relaxing cd to listen to while reading or ironing or even to meditate to not quite as good as Sacred spirit but VERY close and I always enjoy listening to it , cd arrived as described within 3 days seller highly recommended thanks .
on 5 November 2011
I had heard one particular song on the album and really liked it. I then spent ages trying to find the song and this album. I would describe the tracks as 'chill out' material. If you like pan pipes music this may well suit you.
on 9 March 2016
this is fabulous cd it is really amazing there are some tunes that you can sing to just listen to it,think that you are amongst them dancing and singing with their feathers and the clothes that they wear they are the only true americans same with canadian ones,ring of fire is easyest one to sing to , i have alot dreamcatchers in my house got and treat yourself to one on amazon if you get one look at and listen to the sounds visualise that you are with them. happy days =]
on 2 March 2011
i really enjoyed listening to this cd as it seemed to recreate the mood of the native american indian culture.
i would be pleased to recommend this collection of tracks as a very relaxing way to spend some chill out 'me' time.
on 19 September 2013
If you liked sacred spirit one you'll enjoy this too, all thou not as good as sacred spirit it's a nice album in it's own way.
And just find a cheap copy ;)
on 20 June 2014
Another chill out album, If that's your thing you won't be disappointed, If you were looking for something more then you won't find it here..