5.0 out of 5 stars Magical
Published on 29 Nov 2002 by Hazera Forth

1.0 out of 5 stars Raindance...
Published 19 months ago by Big D

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 29 Nov 2002
This review is from: Raindance: An Ambient Musical Experience Inspired by Native American Chants (Audio CD)
I love this album! I originally bought it on tape at a car boot sale but it got chewed up in the car stereo. Having repurchased this on CD, I am happy again. It is great to drive to, to do housework to, to read with or just to feel uplifted. It is my favourate World Music album, and it's a hundred times better than Sacred Spirit. Raindance really captures the imagination without preaching or glorifying what it is to be Native American. I am only sorry that the customs and traditions from which this album was drawn are dwindling. I have a sneaky feeling that the X-Files theme tune may even have been inspired by one of the tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome ambient, incredible sound, great rithm., 17 Sep 2001
By A Customer
The mood created by this CD is incredible. You might well find yourself chanting and dancing to the rithm, as it pulls you into it's own world. A good production, with clean sounds, and a good overall performance. Highly enjoyable.I reccommend it vividly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Native American music transformed into modern rythm, 17 Oct 2001
t.w.tomlinson@talk21.com (Staffordshire, England.) - See all my reviews
I first brought this album about 3 years ago and must admit that it is one of my favourites. After buying this album it persuaded me to purchase "Sacred Spirit" but find it is not quite as good as this album. Anyone who has heard "Sacred Spirit" and enjoyed it, listen to this album. Transformed from once a living legend to todays music it relaxes the mind and you can feel the reality that once dominated the lands of America. An album with events from pure sadness to happinness when these tribes lived on the plains praying for rain and so forth hence the name "Raindance".
A brilliant album, so fantastic I would like to see it live.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it...., 26 July 2012
I bought this CD when it was first released all those years ago and at that time my friends thought i was losing my mind as it wasn't exactly fashionable, but i was at that point in my life when i really needed some sort of aid to help with relaxation and this certainly did the job.
Now a days, well i go through spells of wanting to listen to this CD, but when i do it never disappoints and i listen to it absolutely everywhere, in the car, in the bath, whist reading, when walking..... This CD is just magical and i will never tire of it, it really is timeless.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost as relaxing as sacred spirit 1 - 2, 6 April 2013
This cd is a very relaxing cd to listen to while reading or ironing or even to meditate to not quite as good as Sacred spirit but VERY close and I always enjoy listening to it , cd arrived as described within 3 days seller highly recommended thanks .

4.0 out of 5 stars Rain Dance, 5 Nov 2011
I had heard one particular song on the album and really liked it. I then spent ages trying to find the song and this album. I would describe the tracks as 'chill out' material. If you like pan pipes music this may well suit you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Raindance..., 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Raindance (Audio CD)
Just received my copy of "The Raindance" this morning based on the glowing 5 Star reports I read about it...I'm still waiting on Jeremy Beagle to knock on my Door and say "You've been Framed"...how anyone can compare it with "Sacred Spirit" is beyond me...I played about 10 Sec's of each Tune wondering if I was given the wrong CD....Synthesiser Music is not my idea of "Sacred Spirit" Music and Titles like "Take a Trip" and "Psychedelic Drugs" should have rung Alarm Bells...

I'm still dumbfounded about this purchase and if I could send it back under the Trade Descriptions act I would....I'd dearly love someone to tell me "I've been Framed".....If your a "Sacred Spirit" Fan steer clear of "The Raindance"

Anyone interested in purchasing it from me...

2.0 out of 5 stars not worth it, 20 Jun 2014
Another chill out album, If that's your thing you won't be disappointed, If you were looking for something more then you won't find it here..

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as sacred spirit one but a nice relaxing album., 19 Sep 2013
If you liked sacred spirit one you'll enjoy this too, all thou not as good as sacred spirit it's a nice album in it's own way.
And just find a cheap copy ;)

3.0 out of 5 stars Yet ANOTHER Spiritual Cd, 21 Jan 2012
Good Cd but a mixture of all the other Cds i have purchased before but it was cheap so it was a bargain though!!