5.0 out of 5 stars Old Rocker
Published on 30 Sept. 2010 by Khuruma

3.0 out of 5 stars HAIR cut
I have both the 1968 London cast record as well as the 1970 Fresh Hair record. I was glad when I heard they combined the two recordings to make a more accurate recording of the musical.

Published on 4 Aug. 2006 by Tom

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars HAIR cut, 4 Aug. 2006
Tom (Cincinnati, OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hair (Audio CD)

My compaint with this CD is that they leave off the "Flesh Failures/Let the Sunshine In" from the 1968 version and replace it with an improvisation on the theme from the 1970 Fresh Hair. The 1968 version was much better and actually represented what was performed on the Shaftsbury stage. There was room on the disc to include this number as well as a couple more of the shorter Freash Hair songs. It would have been nice to hear Elaine Paige sing "Wash the World" on CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Rocker, 30 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Hair (Audio CD)
I saw the original musical back in the sixties and saw the revival some weeks ago. My copy of the vinyl had been lost (borrowed and never returned) many years ago and a recent CD of the American version was not so good so I looked up the original and found it on Amazon for just £5. Brought back some great memories listening again to Paul Nicholas, Oliver Tobias, Annabel Leventon and the tribe. Just Great.Hair

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish recording, 29 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Hair (Audio CD)
I have the original vinyl albumn, I thought I was buying the same thing. But it isn't and it's a rubbish version. It lacks everything the original was based on, and songs are missed out

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed not the same as the original LP, 28 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Hair (Audio CD)
Having seen the original show of Hair in London in the 60's and then again last year on the stage in London I was delighted to see this DVD for sale as the front cover is the same as the LP which I still play from time to time. However when I played the DVD it was not exactly the same as the LP. Although I have not checked one off against the other I know the LP pretty much by heart and the some songs were different or missing.

I bought another DVD which was much better see next review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Be free, be whatever you want to be!, 5 Nov. 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Hair (Audio CD)
A must for people of all ages! This sound track has something for everyone- from those who remember the days of 'hell no, we won't go' to the current generation who face wars just as sensless as Vietnam. An ecletic mix of all that was good in music in the 60s and 70s.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hair, the musical, 15 July 2011
This review is from: Hair (Audio CD)
Lots of the favourite songs from this sixties musical which was very avant-garde at the time! It came in the time frame promised, as usual. No problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to the good old days, 6 July 2011
R. A. Keyho "Anthony rk" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hair (Audio CD)
The cd is great takes one back to the days of love and peace. The sad thing is we are still striving for peace now in a not too distant part of the world we were wanting then ! In this sad upside down world we now live in , lets learn by our mistakes make love not war and let the sun shine in!

5.0 out of 5 stars TAKES ME BK TO 1968, 20 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Hair (Audio CD)
THE ORIGINAL LP WAS HEAVYLY CUT DUE TO LIMITED SPACE ON RECORD.THIS CD HAS THE LATER FRESH HAIR .BLUE COVER WHICH IS DIFFICULT TO FIND.HAIR WAS A BIG HIT AT THE TIME I REMEMBER PRINCESS ANNE DANCING ON THE STAGE AT THE END IN HER OVERSIZE WRISTWATCH .REMEMBER THEM? GREAT CD IN GD SOUND

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic lyrics and vocals - very nostalgic, 21 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Hair (Audio CD)
My very first musical, which set me up for a life time love of theatre and musicals. The lyrics are dateless and are equally appropriate today. Likewise the musical compositions. What a revolutionary show that was!! Now I am going to buy the DVD.

4.0 out of 5 stars replacement for vinyl, 17 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Hair (Audio CD)
Having thought about it for many years I decided to replace my copy which I purchased 1969. The replacement was everything that I expected,condition including cover was excellent. I was well pleased. Arrived very quickly too.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Hair
Hair by Gerome Ragni (Audio CD - 1997)