on 3 February 2004
Why oh why is this fabulous album discontinued? How come there are no write ups for it? I am completely mystified by the fact that nobody knows it. It fits into my collection so neatly that I guess that other people have gaps in theirs...
Great rock, it really swings. Sometimes heavier, sometimes more souly, even folky, but it always rocks!!
I wonder why other stuff sells and this (apparently) did not. Record company promotion? Luck? Who knows...
Does anybody know anything about the band? What did they do before or after?
on 29 December 2005
I have been searching for this album for months. I used to own and stupidly loaned it out to someone and never got it back.
This album is phenomenal. An amazing singer who writes straight forward powerful songs. I have even dedicated "Lately" to my beau. It always seems to find the words when I can't.
An amazing album and a must for any music fan. I promise you'll love it!!!
on 26 February 2007
i vaguely remember seeing phil play a 20 minute set at the old EMI offices

in the mid 90's .This album is one of the most underrated first releases ever.My own fave is Senorita but they are all worthy of a mention . If we are having to listen to james blunt the least we can do is champion a proper songwriter of the old school.

DON'T HESITATE IF SEEN BUY THIS ALBUM STRAIGHT AWAY A LOST CLASSIC.
on 18 May 2014
There is a reason this album sells for silly money in hard copy, and that it because it is quite brilliant, and inexplicably deleted. Phil was, before the launch of this album (and when the artist was 'White Buffalo', a name he later revived for a couple of albums with a band of that name), being pushed as the next big thing, and with good reason - for whatever reason it all fell apart and the album slipped out months later with almost no marketing support, and bombed. The killer track, the stone cold classic that should be known to everyone and played everywhere (so perhaps there is some justice that it hasn't been ruined by heavy rotation on MOR radio) is 'Hope, Faith and You' which is just drop dead gorgeous, a grown men in tears sort of song. But the rest of the album is pretty strong too.

If you like good songwriting, and male singer-songwriters, at this price you really should not hesitate to download this, and as others have said, if you ever see a hard copy for sensible money, buy it without hesitation.
on 27 May 2014
Loved Phils work as a solo artist before his move to The Temperance Movement, fans will not be disappointed by this album, it's classic Phil Campbell, a voice filled with emotion an power with that Rod Stewart at his best type quality. Not really a bad track on it but like always there's immediate favourites on first listening, others will take a few plays and headphones to catch all the lyrics and nuances. On the whole brilliant brilliant stuff. Highly recommended !!
on 16 June 2016
2nd time I've bought this as first just wore out with use. One of the best albums I've ever heard from an outstanding artist who now fronts the mighty Temperance Movement. Great delivery, packaged well
on 5 June 2013
bought this as the song hope,faith and you was so amazing,one of the greatest songs I've ever heard in fact,rest of the album is also excellent,an undiscovered treasure
on 4 June 2014
Well worth the cash,good mix of sounds from folk to rock to soul
BRILL :-)
Buy this before it is unavailable is my advice.
on 25 January 2014
Amazing voice and now with TTM. So talented. Some quirkiness too it which makes such an interesting sound. Try it1
on 4 February 2015
A good album not to everyones tastes, but I enjoy listening to it when writing reports etc