5.0 out of 5 stars christmas memories, 29 Nov. 2003
By A Customer
I must say that I am a 30 year old woman, who is still into pop and rock music but this album has a special place in my heart. From as far back as i can remember my dad used to blast this album from our stereo every Christmas morning and while we were opening presents and having breakfast it played on, and on and on but somehow he never tired of it. There was a time that I thought oh no not again this Christmas, but now I am grown and wanting to start family traditions of my own this album at Christmas means so much. I thought it was me just being sentimental but when I asked my dad to get me a copy he said he had just bought my brother one too as he wanted his children to wake up and hear the same music we did every Christmas morning since he can't remember when. Its a brilliant tribute and honor to John Denver to be able to hear the sound of his voice every Christmas morning!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Christmas album, 10 Nov. 2014
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Some editions of this album include bonus tracks. However, my review is for the original 12-track album, which contains these tracks and no others.

1. Aspenglow
2. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On A Open Fire)
3. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
4. Silver Bells
5. Please, Daddy (Don't Get Drunk On Christmas)
6. Christmas For Cowboys
7. Away In The Manger
8. What Child Is this
9. Coventry Carol
10. Oh Holy Night
11. Silent Night, Holy Night
12. A Baby Just Like You

Of these tracks, Please Daddy (Don't Get Drunk On Christmas) originally appeared on Farewell Andromeda, but three other tracks (Aspenglow , Christmas For Cowboys, A Baby Just Like You) appear to be original songs. The others are mostly very familiar, though my experience of buying Christmas music (and plenty of it) suggests that Coventry Carol is not as common on Christmas albums as the others.

The album was recorded in the mid-seventies, when John was at the peak of his popularity, and sounds like a typical John Denver album, so if you are familiar with some of his other music, you'll have a clear idea of what to expect and not be disappointed.

This is a great Christmas album for all John Denver fans, and also for anybody who enjoys some of his music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rocky Mountain Christmas, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Rocky Mountain Xmas (Audio CD)
Been chasing this for a while to add to my wife's collection of John Denver DVD and CD's. As always John comes up with the goods!!! Familiar songs and some new to us add up to an excellent album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Jan. 2015
Excellent item and very quick service

Rocky Mountain Christmas
Rocky Mountain Christmas by John Denver (Audio CD - 1998)