5.0 out of 5 stars notes cannot spell out the score...
Would Erik Satie have been delighted with Jacques Loussier's exploration of his work?
...this work of genius?
I like to think so.
This truly is a masterwork...
However I do not have the words to describe the serene beauty of this recording.
Published on 11 Jun 2009 by bohobozo

3.0 out of 5 stars Satie jazz?
Like everyone of my generation, I grew up with the Jacques Loussier trio's view on Bach.
Maybe Bach needs a little Jazz, Satie does not. This in no way enhances the Eric Satie
experience. I dislike it intensely. The "music" is well recorded and cannot be downgraded too far.
However, stylistically? Miserable artifice...
Published 17 months ago by Mark

5.0 out of 5 stars notes cannot spell out the score..., 11 Jun 2009
bohobozo - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
...this work of genius?
I like to think so.
This truly is a masterwork...
All I can do is recommend you go to amazon.com and listen to some of the samples and allow yourself be overwhelmed by the experience.
My guess is you're gonna want more.
I did and still do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic., 9 Dec 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Gymnopedies (Audio CD)
I have always regarded the works of Satie as some of the most entrancing and hauntingly beautiful music around. Jacques Lousier's treatment of these pieces only add to their sublimity. The rhythm section gives another dimension to the sound. Perfect as the setting to any dinner party, or turned up loud to fill the room. Let the music wash over you and sweep you away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Explore Satie with Loussier Trio, 7 Feb 2011
This review is from: Music Of Satie (Audio CD)
I must agree with three previous reviewers.
You need a good player; Satie would have appreciated this interpretation; 5-star recommendation.
Dream, amble, walk and dance with Jacques, but do not shuffle the order of these tracks; especially keep Jacques own composition as the last as an encore tribute.
I feel that I have learnt so much more about Satie the "turn-of-the-century" composer thanks to Jacques.

5.0 out of 5 stars Atmospheres, 7 May 2007
This review is from: Gymnopedies (Audio CD)
On the sleeve notes Jacques states that,"in their original form they created an esoteric atmosphere, and I have chosen to extend this, investigating their meditative aspects, researching what they have to say about our inner selves. There is no room in these pieces for any kind of pianistic technique such as you may find in my interpretations of Bach or Vivaldi. Instead, I'm taking a completely contrasting approach and looking deep into the music".

Loussier is not just a great Jazz pianist, he is a great musician: these interpretations showcase this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah Tranquility!, 25 May 2013
Mrs. Dorothy T. Burgess "TessaB" (Lymm, Cheshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Music Of Satie (Audio CD)
I had this album some years' ago, and it was either borrowed and not returned or lost. I bought it again, and it was a joy to hear. Classy, relaxing,,just the sort of background music as friends arrive for dinner, or you need to unwind on your own. Goes down well with a good glass of wine or a gin and tonic... Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best birthday present ever!!!, 5 Mar 2001
This review is from: Music Of Satie (Audio CD)
My aunt sent me this as a birthday present because she didn't know what to get me and after listening to it I am really pleased that she decided that this was the gift for me. I live high up in the mountains of Sóller in Mallorca surrounded by olive trees and sheep and this is ideal relaxing music to listen to while putting my feet up after a hard day's work. The sheep seem to like it as well!!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Music Of Satie (Audio CD)
quick delivery! It was a Christmas present so I can't say much about it. My brother loves it and so do my sons, so must be good!

4.0 out of 5 stars A great take on a classic, 26 April 2013
This review is from: Music Of Satie (Audio CD)
Perhaps not to all tasted, but this Jazz reworking of Satie is on in my car a lot and helps me relax after a long hard day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Satie:Gymnopedies/Gnossiennes, 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: Music Of Satie (Audio CD)
I enjoyed this greatly and have played it repeatedly. It was played with the skill that I expect of this trio

5.0 out of 5 stars Jazzy!, 26 April 2014
This review is from: Music Of Satie (Audio CD)
This is a great alternative rendering to Satie's beatifull music. The sound is truely high quality and the trio instrument's orchestration is very imaginative and unconventional. Not too classical, not too romantic - just jazzy!

Music Of Satie
Music Of Satie by Jacques Loussier Trio (Audio CD - 2008)