Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 February 2014
I bought this for a bargain price on Amazon and it has brought back so many memories. I first had this album on cassette when it was released 23 years ago (argghhh! I'm so old!) and lost it somewhere along the way. I've never been a big fan of the song Unbelievable and I don't think the lead singer has a very strong voice. However, there are some real gems here that have stood the test of time such as Children, Long Summer Days, I Believe, Lies and Longtime. Why EMF aren't more well known is a mystery to me as this and its follow-up album still sound pretty fresh to me. I will continue my trip down Memory Lane with Jesus Jones, The Shamen etc and continue to enjoy the memories these purchases bring.
on 6 September 2013
This album sounds better all these years later than I dared to hope,it is not just the singles that fare well but it still works as an album. Give it a try if you fondly remember Unbelievable,it may well surprise you.
on 10 November 2012
Great album by a good band.
They never quite rose to these heights again.
Early Nineties music at it's best, UNBELIEVABLE!
on 12 November 2015
Good old school
The initials stand for Epsom Mad Funker (if you can believe them). Besides their debut single Unbelievable, other bubbly pop tracks include I Believe and Children. It's a form of snappy dance-pop that reaches a climax on the multi-textured closing number EMF with its wailing vocal. A convincing combination of pop sensibility and joyous dance rhythms.
on 29 March 2000
I owned this album years ago and then I lent it to a friend and never got it back (typical). After a long spell with out hearing EMF I heard Unbelievable on the radio and I knew I had to re-buy it.
This album is very strong from beginning to end, with "Unbelievable" being a song that not one person going through their teens at the time of release didn't love.
A "must buy" for anyone who believes they have a great music collection.
on 27 July 2015