5.0 out of 5 stars The wonderful Was (Not Was)
Was (Not Was) were a collaboration between two ex-schoolfriends, David Weiss and Don Fagenson. Their albums have always been a eclectic mix of funk and blues with a large dose of humour thrown in. If anything, this mix has been their downfall as record companies and retailers have struggled to pigeon-hole them.
This album, their fifth, is a compilation of their...
Published on 18 Aug 2002 by G. Robbins

3.0 out of 5 stars Housey, housey
Be aware some of these tracks were extensively remixed in 1992 in a "house music" style. I'm taking my copy to the charity shop tomorrow after less than one play of all the tracks.

When are we going to get a decent Was (Not Was) compilation?
Published 17 months ago by ofap

5.0 out of 5 stars The wonderful Was (Not Was), 18 Aug 2002
G. Robbins "Miles of Smiles" (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hello Dad... I'm in Jail (Audio CD)
This album, their fifth, is a compilation of their earlier work and a great opportunity to see the range of versatility and musicianship of the group.
The highlights for me are the excellent cover of Papa was a Rolling Stone, Out Come the Freaks and the hilarious but musically superb I Feel Better that Jsmes Brown (A tongue in cheek reference to his classic song I Feel Good).
I bought this album as an introduction to this group a few years ago. I have now collected all their albums. So be warned, once you listen to this album you will want their other work as well. A great introduction. If you want a treat, buy this CD.
Finally, although Ozzie Osbourne guested with Kim Bassenger on one of their records, Shake Your Head, I have seen no evidence elsewhere to support that he had any other involvement with this Detriot-based group.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Remixes, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: Hello Dad... I'm in Jail (Audio CD)
As I had all of the Was (Not Was) albums plus their stuff on the Mutant Disco albums I already had all but one of the tracks on this album and ignored it as just a 'compilation album'.

Big mistake. It was only when reading the reviews on here that I realised that this was actually a semi-remix album. The reviewer who alerted me to my mistake didn't like the new versions on this CD, but I love them. Remixes of old favourites that still put a smile on my face and now also put a spring in my step.

I'm forever hoping that there will be some new material from the band - and Forever's A Long, Long Time - so in the meantime these 'new to me' remixes will fill that void.

3.0 out of 5 stars Housey, housey, 22 Feb 2013
This review is from: Hello Dad... I'm in Jail (Audio CD)

When are we going to get a decent Was (Not Was) compilation?

4.0 out of 5 stars good music, 3 May 2012
This review is from: Hello Dad... I'm in Jail (Audio CD)
had this on cassete years ago liked it then & still do different to what i would normaly listen to.Nice to have it on the cd after a long timeHello Dad Im in Jail

Hello Dad... I'm in Jail
Hello Dad... I'm in Jail by Was (Not Was) (Audio CD - 1985)