5.0 out of 5 stars Together And Solo - The Best Of.
There's a certain and very warm feeling which runs through you when you hear any one of The Walker Brothers hits from the 60's. Maybe it was the orchestration, or the BIG production, but it was their trademark, like how your ears immediately prick up when you hear the trumpet right at the beginning of 'The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore' and you get goosebumps all over...
Published on 20 Aug. 2008 by Alan Burridge

3.0 out of 5 stars Well apart from a few well known song like 'No Regrets' I was not struck by at least ...
Not knowing much about the Walker Brothers music, I decided to buy the 'best of'. Well apart from a few well known song like 'No Regrets' I was not struck by at least half of the other tunes.
Published 8 months ago by Andy

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars songs for the heart, 7 April 2013
This review is from: No Regrets - The Best Of Scott Walker & The Walker Brothers 1965 - 1976 (Audio CD)
Great cd quality arrangements scots golden tones
Songs you can understand and relate to before his DRIFT and TILT into his random self indulgent mind game noise
Of these 2 latter cds. Iam not one of those listeners who
Deem those releases as works of genious all this 3yrs in
The making talk as if to con you into thinking it must be good when all it consists of are splashes of random disturbing sounds and mournfull themes. Yes of course
The listeners mind will try to make sense of it that's what the mind naturally does so it will be what your mind makes of it and that's it so if you want to drift or tilt go ahead but that doesn't make scott walker a genious just a producer of noise and moodscapes nothing more. That's showbizz folks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy! Happy! Happy!, 27 April 2010
Always been a fan of Scott Walker and this CD was worth buying. The order was despatched quickly from the supplier. As I buy regularly from this supplier I am never disappointed by their service or quality of product.

5.0 out of 5 stars As I remembered them, 28 May 2010
C. Coumbe (Kent) - See all my reviews
I saw a TV program on Scott Walker which prompted me to buy this. I don't like what he is doing now but these old songs are great. You forget what a good voice he has.

5.0 out of 5 stars A walk down memory lane, 20 Oct. 2009
From my era of music from which I have never advanced nor do I want to. This was the best of all music eras 60's and 70's

5.0 out of 5 stars a time when songs were musical., 14 July 2009
Wjcox "dust jacket" (york's uk) - See all my reviews
What a cracker! I had forgotten how good these guys were, and the backing on tracks like "No Regrets" fantastic.ENJOY!

4.0 out of 5 stars No regrets, 17 Jun. 2009
Dear all, especially dear lovers of rock music,

well, we all have heard the song many times.
And this time we wanted the CD very urgently as a friend of ours had a special anniversary.
And - yes, everything was there in time.

By the way,
to be honest I do not know shall I write something about the service or the music?
Oh dearie me,
hope it is ok

Kind regards from sunny Northern Germany.
Heidi

5.0 out of 5 stars Scott Engel and the boys at their best, 25 July 2013
Ms. E. J. Baker "Elle" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Not brothers at all, but who cares. All the big tracks are here - No Regrets, The sun ain't gonna shine anymore, Make it Easy on Yourself all sung with that deep sexy unmistakable barritone that is Scott Walker along with 15 other equally great tracks including a number (6 I believe) which are just Scott Walker and make a great balance. It is the best, there isn't much more that can be said.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Guilty Pleasure, 2 July 2013
One of those albums that even dyed in the wool rockers like myself have as a guilty pleasure. It could be so sugary but it just exudes class. If you don't want to collect the Scott Walker recordings this has all the tracks you need. From the No Regrets that accompanied all the break ups of your youth to the seedy melodrama of the Brel covers. Forget Midge Ure and Terry Jacks murdering them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walker Bros., 14 Dec. 2011
I bought this CD to show to my wife just how good these guys were. It has blown her mind and while I suggested she may like Joanna, Jackie, Make it easy on yourself, etc. she told me I was undereatinating the boys, she likes them all and partivcularly the Light of Cincinnati which rolls and rolls around in her brain. Fabulous stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD with a lot of great tophits., 23 Sept. 2014
I am glad to have one of my old time fafourites back again. My original CD's top layer with the data in it was ruined, so that was the end of that one. Now can I again listen to that great sound of Scott Walker and the Walker Brothers in a really good quality. Great CD with a lot of great easy listening music.

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

No Regrets - The Best Of Scott Walker & The Walker Brothers 1965 - 1976
No Regrets - The Best Of Scott Walker & The Walker Brothers 1965 - 1976 by Scott Walker & The Walker Brothers (Audio CD - 2000)