4.0 out of 5 stars A real period piece from the heyday of psychedelia., 26 Jun 2012
This review is from: Plus (Audio CD)
I had this record on vinyl, back in the late eighties. I have just bought a secondhand copy on cd, and I'm glad that I did. I had forgotten just how heavy this music is. It is prog-ish psych rock with elements of early Deep Purple, Iron Butterfly and Procal Harem. There is plenty of hammond organ (always a plus point for me) and acid guitar. The album cover, though, has to be one of the all-time worst! What WERE they thinking?
All in all: not one for newbies to the genre, (best to stick with the classics, first) but for old-timers like me, who have had and/or heard EVERYTHING in this genre, it is quite a treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lost freak/progressive classic., 26 May 2013
Ivan rubini? (Island Hvar,Croatia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plus (Audio CD)
I've bought this long awaited CD which was perhaps the last copy from See For Miles at last.
This is strange album with progressive elements,also psychedelic on couple tracks with some organ dominated styles ala Auger or Jimmy Smith to Vanila Fudge.But they are pretty unique and there is a lot good music on this album!
They deserved much more attention today.
Organist Frank Wilson was a founding member of hard rock group Warhorse and guitarist Paul Eastment with Shirley Kent were founders of excellent psychedelic folk band Ghost.Very recommended.

Plus
Plus by Velvet Fogg (Audio CD - 1989)