5.0 out of 5 stars If you can find this one you'd be a fool not to buy it., 9 May 2003
This review is from: Reactivate 10 (Audio CD)
Quite simply a techno album that takes you to the mid to late nineties when you were a little younger and a little more tolerant of 6am finishes on the dance floor. The mix is superb in places- track 4 into track 5 is still one of the best mixes I know of; a mimimal, hypnotic trance record into a serious melodic journey of a track. Do not drive home to this album or you may well end up with 6 points on your license.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five stars isn't enough, 23 Jan. 2004
This review is from: Reactivate 10 (Audio CD)
If I had to choose one album to take to my desert island, this would be it. Bought in 1995 and played and played and played. This is subtitled "snappy cracklepop techno" but it's really high energy trance at its very best, mixed to perfection. It still sounds current nine years on, but with a nice tinge of early 90's nostalgia round the edges: "Ecstasy. And you're ready to flow." Legend B's Lost in Love is something else. And I disagree that it tails off at the end: Access is an all-time classic hard house end-of-the-night tune that is perfect to bring this to a close.
My first of many great Reactivate compilations. I can't recommend it highly enough: "Remember we played together"

5.0 out of 5 stars Snappy Cracklepop Techno indeed!, 12 Oct. 2002
L. M. Davis (Austin, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reactivate 10 (Audio CD)
I can't believe that this was recorded 7 years ago, it still sounds like it was sequenced yesterday. This was my first introduction to a DJ mixed techno album - I have collected all Reactivate's since, right up to number 18, eagerly awaiting 19!
You're treated to a soft melodic start (Tribute - Friends, Lovers and Family) that belies the speed of the music that is to follow. Things move very quickly and don't slow down much until the 4th track which is in the form of a "cheeky" high pitched repetitive techno track. Quickly back on track with 5 and then again in 6 which is great, 7 is better (Lost In Love - Legend B), you can really imagine yourself on a crowded dancefloor with your hands in the air! The speed of the acidy melodies combined with the beat (~130 BPM!) And things don't slow down for tracks 8 and 9 which are banging trance acid tunes. Track 11 slows but 12&13 bring it back, the next few are more melodic trance but the last three slightly spoil a most excellent album - Thank you Blu Peter, and thanks to my friend Andy who first introduced me to this most excellent label/series of CD's

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best - absolute clasic, 19 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Reactivate 10 (Audio CD)
Just had to comment on this album. This is a classic trance album to me and it features music from some of the best and originally underground artists of that era. Of coarse most of them are german as they were simply the pioneers of trance techno and rave music back then. This album brought underground trance music to the mainstream masses like no other, and was Reactivates most successful compilation. They rereleased it a few years ago along with volume 9 (probably over 5 years ago now, how time flies).

I used to take this album along with me for reference when auditioning the delights of new stereo equipment. There is another version of it which is mixed by Blu Peter and features 18 tracks in total, some of the extras on that version are very good indeed such as Dream Plant-Mighty machine, Blu peter-Flagship, Osaka acid, art of trance-octopus to name but a few. However because they crammed so many on the mix version you only really get a taster of each tune before the next is being mixed in prematurely.

I prefer this unmixed version personally and appreciate the full length tunes.

If you haven't got it, then buy it! this should be in everyones music collection as it is a shining example of quality trance music when it was good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highlights of a bygone era, 11 Dec. 2009
Mr. Glenn Dollard "Glenn" (Cork, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reactivate 10 (Audio CD)
This is truly the greatest techno album I've bought when I was a young lad. After all these years I can still slap this on and enjoy it which is something I can't say for most of the stuff I bought back then.
The mixing is excellent and the beats are timeless. From the haunting opening track of 'Tribute' to the absolute stomper finale that is 'Access' this is the album that crowns 90's techno in all its glory.

5.0 out of 5 stars I will never get bored of it, 8 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Reactivate 10 (Audio CD)
This album I bought when it first came out..I will never get bored of it..when you listen to it it takes me back to really good times..this album is one in a million..love it to bits....

5.0 out of 5 stars Reactivate, 26 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Reactivate 10 (Audio CD)
This was a fantastic purchase! Bought this one for my partner, he has listened to it most nights since!
A+++++!
speedy delivery too
cheers

...

5.0 out of 5 stars the BEST trance mix of all time (and i have many) ..., 8 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Reactivate 10 (Audio CD)
Without doubt, the BEST trance mix of all time (and i have many)
Respect to Blu Peter for this materpiece

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Dec. 2014
Mr N D Bowen (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reactivate 10 (Audio CD)
Love Reactivate and now my collection is complete

Reactivate 10
Reactivate 10 by Various (Audio CD - 1995)