on 13 December 2007
When I was a kid this album was always played from the 1st of December until Boxing day and I absolutely loved it! It brings back great memories and all the songs are brilliant and such a great variety! No matter who you are you will recognise over half of the songs and theres not a Cliff Richard song in sight!! It really is the No.1 Christmas Album - definately deserves its title!
11 comment15 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 19 December 2014
There are countless Christmas albums out there, and every year spawns another large helping of new releases. 'The No. 1 Christmas Album', in my opinion, definitely lives up to it's name, and is the best collection of festive favourites that I've come across. I couldn't ask for a better Christmas album, but don't take my word for it - check out the track listing:

Disc One
1 -East 17 - Stay Another Day
2 -Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas?
3 -Paul McCartney - Pipes Of Peace

4 -David Essex - A Winter's Tale
5 -Johnny Mathis - When A Child Is Born
6 -Roy Orbison - Pretty Paper
7 -Elton John - Step Into Christmas
8 -Shadows - The Theme From 'The Snowman' (Walking In The Air)
9 -Carpenters - The Merry Christmas Darling
18 -Love Unlimited - It May Be Winter Outside
19 -Donna Summer - Winter Melody
20 -The Waitresses - Christmas Wrapping
21 -Bing Crosby - White Christmas

Amazing isn't it? :) Merry Christmas!!
on 18 November 2010
I finally found this classic CD. I owned one once but lost one of the discs to it and I finally found the replacement. I used to listen to this a lot when I was younger and it brings back memories. Great to hear it again after all those years and I would recommend it to anyone.
on 4 December 2002
I was surprised when I got this compilation, it is actually very good. A lot of the xmas compilations you get only because there are one or two favorite tracks, but this one I can honestly say is really enjoyable. It is an album for everyone.You have the likes of Bing Crosby to Sinead O Connor. Family and friends often enquire what album I am playing when listening to this.Get in the mood for Christmas and buy this CD.
on 16 January 2014
I had already heard this double album and decided that there wasn't any songs that I couldn't stand which is very unusual for a Christmas album especially the newer they are with awful covers etc included. This one is mainly all original artists and even though there is another version of Wham Last Christmas, the Wham version is also included. It has all the greats, The Pogues, Wizzard, Jona Lewie and some old greats too. I would recommend this album and did, my sister also got a copy.
on 24 December 2013
It's mostly great, some tracks are repeated elsewhere but others like "December will be magic again" rarely appears, and that's why I eyed up that one. However, and this is where it drops a point - Gary Glitter?? Yes it was a legitimate hit in the day, but now knowing what he did, isn't that like having Lostprophets on??
on 4 November 2014
I bought this when it first came out and still play it every year at Christmas time. A lot of compilations have modern versions of the old classics or have a handful of the favourites but this CD has a good majority of the old original classics. Well worth forking out for this CD, no matter the cost.
on 14 February 2013
My mother wanted Christmas music, so I bought this for her. She was very pleased and played it a lot before Christmas.
on 22 October 2003
My family has had this as long as i can remember and i am often told off about now for playing it way to early. It has every xmas song you can think of and everytime in about october im already reaching for it!We have a few xmas albums to say the least and this is our no 1 ablum everytime! hope you enjoy it as much as i do.
on 14 November 2012
I ordered this CD after looking at the music lists of lots of CD's on here as my kids love 'Santa Claus Is Coming To Town' and I really love 'The Pogues' song so they were must haves! This has a great selection of the more modern christmas songs as well as some classics.

A great christmas CD that I highly recommend!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse