Format: Audio CDChange

on 26 February 2003
As with many others in the 'Sessions' series, the track listing balances remixed mainstream classics, such as “Apparently nothin’”, with some of the finest house music of the time to create a blend of familiarity and expression.
“Another star”, “I pray”, “It’s time for love” and “I get lifted” form the structure of the set with excellent vocal sections and a solid beat. In fact, most of the tracks have good vocals or some kind of breakdown in the same format as the later ‘Sessions’ compilations.
CJ Mackintosh’s mixing throughout is of high quality, with some small tasters of the later tracks creeping in and out of the earlier sections - As per usual, the right DJ for the right era of house music, choosing the right tracks. His ‘original club mix’ version of “Message of love” is an excellent way to sign off from a well recommended set.
Finally, if there is any downside at all, it might be the opening track, but this is far outweighed by the following 14.
on 26 August 2007
If a DJ's mix cd is a reflection of his/her club night or production style then this project is about as reflective as it gets! I have this in the cassette format and was compelled to play it for myself before writing this review. I'm so glad I did. First, a quick word about CJ; I've seen him spin when I was in England and in terms of House music, he is about as American as a Britsh DJ can be. Don't just take my word for it--the reasons for that remark can be found on Sessions 4. This cd is all about soul, soul, soul. Heavy vocals, killer melodies, perfect tempo (about 124 BPMs) and the transitions are "spot on". Favorite tracks: all of 'em! (seriously) This cd may be dated but it WILL stand the test of time!
on 14 March 2008
Arguably the most accurate reflection of the Ministry Bar Room in the mid '90s. "Bounce to the Beat" by Todd Terry and "Colour of my Skin" by Arnold Jarvis should leave any of the old crowd glowing. Probably the closest we'll get to reliving those great times.

Highly Recommended!
on 12 October 2015
Very good
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 December 2003
well it is.
0Comment0 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse