Format: Audio CD|Change

I regard this as the best series of sixties compilations yet released on CD. Even with 200 tracks between four volumes, it would have been easy to continue the series. On compilations like this, I particularly look for classic tracks by artists who only had one or two big hits. Of course, most of the major names are here although you won't find Elvis, the Beatles or the Rolling Stones here due to licensing restrictions.
Maintaining the standard of the first volume, this contains another selection of classic tracks from the sixties. I was particularly pleased at the inclusion of Baby come back (Equals) but there are many other classics here.
My favorites here include Oh pretty woman (Roy Orbison), Young girl (Gary Puckett), Bend me shape me (Amen Corner), Something's gotten hold of my heart (Gene Pitney),You've lost that loving feeling (Righteous brothers), I can't let Maggie go (Honeybus), Keep on running (Spencer Davis Group) and Everlasting love (Love Affair).
With two volumes released, most of the artists I expected to see had now made at least one appearance. While this collection stands on its own merit, it is even better as part of the series.
Read the reviews and was confused as to whats on This SET.
Other reviewers talk about all 4 sets so I thought I d include this tracklist to help you make your mind up if this 2 Cd set is for you.
Track listing

17. Three Steps To Heaven - Cochran, Eddie
18. Everlasting Love - Love Affair
19. Elenore - Turtles
20. Make It Easy On Yourself - Walker Brothers
21. First Cut Is The Deepest - Arnold, P.P.
22. Walk On By - Warwick, Dionne
23. Groovy Kind Of Love - Mindbenders
24. Something In The Air - Thunderclap Newman
25. Albatross - Fleetwood Mac
44 comments|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 March 2012
While there is no Beatles, Rolling Stones, Dylan or Hendrix, there are some top notch recordings here.
Fleetwood Mac's fantastic instrumental Albatross, Thunderclap Newman's one hit wonder Something In The Air, P.P. Arnold's definitive The First Cut Is The Deepest, Bobby Fuller's masterpiece I Fought The Law, Gary Puckett And The Union Gap's song of temptation resisted Young Girl and The Everly Brothers classic Cathy's Clown.
Add some Motown hits, some artists who shone in the 1950s and more, there's a good variety of musical types to take in and enjoy.
on 20 March 2014
all good tracks,good quality by original items,better than some cd's where tracks are re recorded
all big hits, no 'filler tracks' put on to make up the album
recomended
on 6 August 2015
Had a BBQ to celebrate my 67th birthday and bought this to bring back all those carefree memories of the wonderful sixties. It was a brilliant purchase - two cd's full of all those great sixties songs and all original artists. No Beatles tracks and no Stones but I have those on other cd's anyway. All of us had a great day singing along to these unforgettable tracks. Well worth buying. Loved it.
on 17 May 2013
I'm a bit biased as my parents had this album when I was younger, and I used to put it on all the time, and ended up learning all the songs, which for me, now represent the 60s! That said, the track selection is pretty good, and you won't be disappointed - I don't think there are too many of the obscure 60's album fillers that some compilations seem to have a lot of.
on 2 December 2013
Another great compilation of 60,s music.Ideal for parties,driving,or listening to at home.A great addition to this series of albums.Would recommend to those who wish to relive sixties hits from a good range of performers.
on 10 April 2011
If Your'e looking for a good 60's cd, look no more, this is it. I love playing this cd whevever I;m having a few drinks. Every track is out of this world. Greattttttttttttttt.
on 7 December 2015
As with all other volumes in this series this volume included a great and accurate sample of the very best of sixties music AND THE SOUND QUALITY IS OF A VERY VERY HIGH STANDARD.
on 28 April 2015
Brilliant selection of tracks - and great to listen to on long car journeys. I bought "used" ones - and they were pristine!