5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece in good surround
I must admit that even if this album was represented in mono, it would still be rated five stars, if you ask me! This album is really a masterpiece and I recommend it to everyone who wants to step into the world of Sting's music.
Published on 10 Mar 2004 by Robert Petkovic

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Just what I expected
Published 1 day ago by J.B.Binns

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece in good surround, 10 Mar 2004
This review is from: Ten Summoner's Tales (DVD Audio)
From "If I Ever Lose My Faith In You" at the begining, "Fields of Gold", "Seven Days", "It's Probably Me" (slightly different version than in the Lethal Weapon movie) and "Shape of my heart", almost every song is a candidate for my TOP100 songs ever. Very smooth album which you can listen to in almost every moment - being sad, lonely, happy, nervous, this album will always give you "that something" which will make you listen to it over and over again.
Since this is a DTS 5.1 record, I must refer to the quality of sound. Since I own a CD version of this album for some years, I was delighted when I saw there is a DTS version of that album available! More so, I was much satisfied with 5.1 mix of live album "All This Time", which Kipper did. For me as a musician, it was very cool to listen to the concert and feel the instruments arround you, not just in front of you, with some echoes in the background. I think that's what is 5.1 about, right?
Well, the 5.1 mix of this album is not that good. I've had an impression that they have scheduled DTS versions of most Sting's albums in advance, and didn't have much time to analyse mix for this one. The "sound picture" is a little bit better than if you put a CD version through some "Sim Surround" effect. But, I must admit that there are moments in almost every song, which reminds me why is listening to 5.1 mix completely different experience than listening to stereo mix. Backing vocals and percussions are nice distributed through surrond speakers, Sting's vocal is mostly in front speakers, but not so much in the center one, which gives the "Stereo feeling" to this record. But, I must admit that I was expecting more "psychodelic" break in "Saint Augustine in Hell", which sounds pretty much as a stereo mix to me. 5.1 mix for "Nothing Like the Sun" album is much better, but let's say that I am rating the mix for "Tehn Summoners Tales" as 4 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars He Improves With Age, 9 Oct 2003
Paul Johnson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ten Summoner's Tales (DVD Audio)
I have to say that I found a lot of what Sting produced after he left the Police pretentious in the least. He's changed on this album and it is a far more enjoyable affair.
It is all simple to listen to in reality, with the production values being outstanding. There are a lot of fun tracks here such as Seven Days and Love Is Stronger Than Justice.
The standout track is Fields Of Gold, which is so easy to listen to it is hard to believe it! It is made all the more special for me as it reminds me of happy times in my life!
All told an excellent album and well worth adding to your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MASTER BY RIGHTS OF ALL THAT IS MUSICAL!, 7 Jan 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Ten Summoners Tales (Audio CD)
If you have ever read books that talk of medival times, of a king and his chiefbard, and how that bard would be known to sing to him of great deeds and tales of myth and legend? If so, then you will begin to understand the style in which Sting has presented his album "Ten summoners tales", It is in some ways, just a collection of stories and tales. Believe me though when I tell you that these songs have a voice and melody to enchant anyone, and because the variety in his style is so great, you will hear songs totally different from each other, and yet unmistakeably of Stings creation. If you like songs that pierce the heart as well those that move you, then you couldn't ask for any better!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 8 July 2014
Classic

5.0 out of 5 stars Second purchase of this album, wore the other one out. I love it so much., 5 July 2014
This review is from: Ten Summoners Tales (Audio CD)
I had forgotten how much I loved this album.
Heard a song on the radio, planned to buy one of them but bought two.
You have got to love Sting, beautiful music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sting's best LP by a mile, 2 July 2014
Martin Short - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ten Summoners Tales (Audio CD)
Sting's best LP by a mile. 6 of the tracks were (quality singles) and the 6 album tracks are filler-free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ten summoners tales by Sting, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: Ten Summoners Tales (Audio CD)
This is a Fantastic album, a real favourite of mine and such good value. One of the best albums that I own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stings best album, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: Ten Summoners Tales (Audio CD)
Probably Sting at his best featuring fields of gold a classic love a song which he wrote for his wife plus many other good songs this CD certainly has a special place in my heart and evokes many wonderful memories.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 23 May 2013
This review is from: Ten Summoners Tales (Audio CD)
great musician & this album proves it
want to get some more cds.got all the police ones
so anyone got any recomendations

5.0 out of 5 stars Stings best, 7 April 2013
This review is from: Ten Summoners Tales (Audio CD)
Having purchased a number of Sting cds before this one the one word to describe them would be inconsistent.they would all contain a number of excellent songs and the rest would be at best ok and at worst poor.Ten Summoners Tales however is different from start to finish every song is superb there are no fillers.If you like Sting or even if you dont you owe yourself to listen to this cd .Buy and enjoy.

Ten Summoners Tales
Ten Summoners Tales by Sting (Audio CD - 2009)