5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite Renaissance album!
Renaissance's "A Song for All Seasons" is, for me at least, one of those mid-career peaks that not all bands are lucky enough to experience.

The album sees the band in transition from its pure early symphonic-rock of such albums as "Ashes Are Burning" (1973) and "Turn of the Cards" (1974) to its more conventional rock style of later albums such as "Azur D'Or"...
Published on 2 May 2007 by alextorres

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING - think before purchasing in Europe
Between May and July 2013 I bought 3 copies of this CD, none of which play. The music is there - just - under a cloud of white noise, so this suggests that all of Amamzon's current batch of this CD may have a similar problem. Obviously this is no reflection on this wonderful band or their music, only a warning. Amazon have been fine with refunds (as you'd expect, really),...
Published 11 months ago by Christopher Wells

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite albums of all time, 13 Sep 2006
This review is from: A Song For All Seasons (Audio CD)
I have owned this on record, tape and CD and still can't get enough of it. The musical soundscapes are rich and varied enhanced by Annie Haslam's five octave range, the prog. rock band and the fitting orchestrations. Other reviewers have summed this album up well and I can't disagree with their comments.

One word of caution!! The album contains a song called "She is Love" sung by Jon Camp. It is more about castrations rather than orchestrations and is reminiscent of nails being dragged across a blackboard. It is so excrutiatingly awful that I have never listened to it ever since I have owned the album on CD and have been able to easily skip the track. Despite the presence of this piece of cack, Song for all Seasons still gets a five star rating from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars just as fresh today as when recorded back in 1978, 23 Nov 2000
twingft@oceanfree.net (dublin; republic of ireland.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Song For All Seasons (Audio CD)
just to listen to the unforgettable "northern lights" is enough to get you to listen to the rest of this thoroughly enjoyable album.a classic;and not forgetting the fabulous voice of annie haslam and an excellent band to grace any album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Voice of an angel., 29 May 2003
Adam Halko (London, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Song For All Seasons (Audio CD)
I have worn out a vinyl copy on a near perfect turntable and if C.D.'s wore, I'd have done it again. Annie Haslam has the voice of an angel. Listening to Northen Lights still brings tears to my eyes. The most played record I've ever owned over the last 25 years, on one format or another. Love ya Annie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good but have you heard Novella?, 31 July 2002
This review is from: A Song For All Seasons (Audio CD)
I must say that others reviews of this Cd are fully justified. My fave has to be the opening track Opening out but I am sure there will be others here that will appeal to others just as much. This I would guess was Renaissance at there best. Subsequent releases havent really matched up. Azure had a few good tracks so did camera camera but this was what I would say is their last great album. I think I have most of their product and include a couple of tracks which were released by them under other names at about the time this one came out. I would recommend this especially if you like words and tunes. Forget more recent releases get this, Novella and indulge yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: A Song For All Seasons (Audio CD)
I purchased the original LP many years ago so decided to upgrade as I still enjoy the words and music.

4.0 out of 5 stars a song for all, 24 Sep 2013
This review is from: A Song For All Seasons (Audio CD)
Outstanding CD but only really worthwhile for me for one track, but I seem to have done that many times over the years, I might change my mind further down the line, but I do not thinki so,

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Renaissance CD, 1 Sep 2013
This review is from: A Song For All Seasons (Audio CD)
Bought the album in the late 70's and was pleased to find that I still found it as fresh and innovative now as it was then. A selection of good, simple pop songs mixed with more intricate songs with a very classical twist. Brilliant!

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful symphonic prog rock, 30 July 2013
This review is from: A Song For All Seasons (Audio CD)
I admit it. I bought this for the knock out single 'Northern Lights' that has featured recently on BBC 4's Top of the pops 1978. Upon spinning this disc for the first time, I did not know what to expect. The music is melodic, thoughtful, well played and complex. The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra appear on most songs notably the title track. The chugging bass lines prevalent throughout are delightful. The keyboards and distinctive drumming drive proceedings well but it is the fragile acoustic guitars and pianos backing the delightful voice of Anie Haslam that truly delights the listener. When I listen to this I hear Kansas, Supertramp, E.LO, Strawbs, Barclay James Harvest and a touch of Yes but what is wrong with that? This group have Annie Haslam's wonderful ethereal voice and this disc has said Orchestra too. Dive in. It's a box of chocolates. It's Dali meets Constable. It's a journey, a moving landscape, it's a song for all seasons.

4.0 out of 5 stars Blast from the past, 19 Jun 2013
I used to have this album many years ago. I had forgotten just how musical it is. almost a crossover album between opera.stage show and pop. All tracks are very well orchestrated and all have finesse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sounding Renaissance cd, 11 Jun 2013
Richard R. DiPuma (Seaford, New York, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Song For All Seasons (Audio CD)
Recording engineer Eroc does the best post production bringing out the sound the way was meant to be heard.
Forget all other versions of Renaissance this is the real deal.

A Song For All Seasons
A Song For All Seasons by Annie Haslam (Audio CD - 1996)