5.0 out of 5 stars A most under-rated singer, his albums are timeless, 19 Dec 2001
This review is from: One More Dream: Very Best Of (Audio CD)
Gerry Rafferty is a most talented singer and his music seems to attract people of all ages and creeds with endless passion. A truly wonderful album which is stimulating every time you listen to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fond Memories, 7 April 2009
This review is from: One More Dream: Very Best Of (Audio CD)
This album appeared in the "Recommended For You" section on my screen. I looked at the track listing and recognising a few tracks I liked I bought it. It is a great album. I had no idea that Gerry Rafferty had written so many great songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Gem..., 29 Nov 2008
Gerry Fan "Lou" (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One More Dream: Very Best Of (Audio CD)
I first heard "Baker Street" in 1978 when I was a teenager working in London for the summer, I loved the haunting sound of the song from the first time I heard it, and have loved listening to Gerry and also Stealers Wheels ever since...absolutely FAB music and never tire of it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stuck In The Middle With You, 11 July 2011
This review is from: One More Dream: Very Best Of (Audio CD)
Overall this is probably the best of several Gerry Rafferty's hits compilations. "One More Dream" includes all his best work including Stuck in the middle with you, which only makes an appearance on one other Gerry compilation called "Days Gone Down".

Selecting sublime, haunting and delicious music from about 5 of Gerry's/Stealer's Wheel albums including City to City, Night Owl, Snakes and Ladders, Over My Head, we get all the hits, Stuck in the middle with you, Everything will turn out fine, Baker Street, Right Down the Line, Night Owl, Get it right next time, Days gone down, together with wonderful songs such as Moonlight and gold, Shipyard Town, and Garden of England.

A few minor hits are missing, Stealer's Wheel's Star, Gerry's Home and Dry and the Royal Mile - not that I'm familar with these tracks! Stuck in the middle with you, and Everything will turn out fine are re-recordings Gerry made for this album in 1995. Whilst they are good versions, I would have prefered the originals. It could be argued that the CD "Days Gone Down" is more comprehensive as it includes the missing tracks and original Stealer's Wheel recordings, but it also includes alot of early Gerry material at the expense of his later, more successful career. That's fine if you want that, but for me this is a more listenable and enjoyable experience.

My favourites here are - surprise surprise - Baker Street, Stuck in the middle with you, Night Owl and Get it right next time.

An exceptionally well-chosen collection by this sometimes unhappy and sadly missed artist.

5.0 out of 5 stars The music speaks for itself., 16 Sep 2011
David Cook (Hurlford, Ayrshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One More Dream: Very Best Of (Audio CD)
This is a superb collection of some of Gerry's best work and also acts as an ideal introduction to the great man's music. It has been compiled by himself and lovingly remixed/remastered by his long time friend and producer Hugh Murphy (who sadly is also no longer with us.)

So what you get is 14 Top Quality Tracks spanning 5 of his solo albums thru the years (namely City To City, Night Owl, Snakes & Ladders, North and South, Over My Head). Also included is 2 1995 reworkings of hits he had while in Stealers Wheel.

Rafferty was a mastercraftsman imo when it came to writing and arranging a song as is evdient on this cd and is backed by some superb musicians. The tracks Night Owl and Bring It All home are both single versions but haven't been butchered like some edits are. Shame he's now gone but his music lives on....

Highly Recommended.
David Cook (Hurlford, Ayrshire, Scotland.

5.0 out of 5 stars Whatever's Written In Your Heart, 12 April 2012
Mrs Anne Gage (Ruislip, Middlesex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One More Dream: Very Best Of (Audio CD)
I bought this album when it was released in 1995 and I never tire of listening to it.
One word sums this album up - superb.
I just recently purchased this CD for my son's birthday and I sincerely hope that he enjoys it as much as I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars R.I.P my friend, 13 Mar 2011
Derek Watt "Dexy" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One More Dream: Very Best Of (Audio CD)
Gerry Rafferty. Nothing more to say.

Oh sorry, Sublime, yep that's it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
M. Wadkin "Mike Wadkin" (South Yorkshire,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One More Dream: Very Best Of (Audio CD)
What a shame he is no longer with us .What a singer songwriter,one of the true greats

4.0 out of 5 stars Good place to start, 13 April 2014
This review is from: One More Dream: Very Best Of (Audio CD)
My Dad was a big fan and many of the tracks take me back to my childhood.

The songwriting and production are excellent. It has that late 70's polished sound so is a bit dated but there is no denying Gerry's talent and, for the money, it was a really good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: One More Dream: Very Best Of (Audio CD)
How could this be anything but 5 stars. All that you'd want from a greatest hits CD. Arrived promptly and seller provided yet another high quality product. Would recommend both.

One More Dream: Very Best Of
One More Dream: Very Best Of by Gerry Rafferty (Audio CD - 2012)