Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 May 2006
This was the last album by the Original line up of OMD. I can't believe it was 20 years ago! Andy McClusky kept the name and produced a couple of excellent Synthpop cds in the 90s while Paul Humphries and the others formed the entirely forgetable The Listening Pool.

The Pacific Age is a huge improvement on the awful Crush, the only pointless track being the intrumental Southern. Of the singles We Love You is an excellently strong synth tune while Forever Live and Die and Shame can only be described as nice (but I still like them). Goddess of Love and the title track are also strong tracks in the same spirit as We Love You.

The Dead Girls harks back to their Architecture and Morality days though it doesn't quite recapture the feel or the mood of tracks like Sealand.

All in all, not the best OMD album, but I'm glad they went out on almost a high than the whimper that Crush would have been. There again, their last single Dreaming should be avoided at all costs, except for the b-side Satellite which is one of their best later tracks and should have been on the album. It wasn't even included on the B-side collection Navigation which is totally beyond me.
on 9 November 2012
Always thought that this was a good album. Not in the same class as Architecture & Morality but very good. My wife and I are life long fans and really look forward to the 2013 UK Tour. We went to the Pacific Age concerts and they were fantastic, much better than Human League and others. Best track for me is STAY but also like We Love You and Forever Live and Die. Don't agree with some comments regarding Southern. Just listen to those words of Martin Luther King accompanied by a powerful backing track by the lads and it raises the hairs on my neck, very strong. Happy memories of times past for us and well worth the few quid for this MP3 download.
on 5 June 2015
I know that the most intellectual fans of OMD regard "Dazzle Ships" as their masterpiece and regret their return to straightforward melodies rather than musique concrete sound collages. I am not on that intellectual level, and enjoyed this CD enormously. There is plenty of musical variety, the lyrics are interesting, and the CD hasn't been stuffed with cast-offs found on the studio floor as is so often the case these days with reissues.
on 1 October 2014
The seventh and last OMD album containing the original lineup before Andy McCluskey went solo for the next three albums.

Not quite as good as their early stuff or their 2 recent return to form albums, but still very good.

Worth it for The Pacific Age track alone.

Highly Recommended.
on 26 September 2015
A fabulous album from one of the best bands of the 80s, originally came out in 1986 and it features classics such as... (Forever) Live & Die, Shame, We Love You, Stay (The Black Rose and the Universal Wheel) amongst other good songs. Definatly buy if you love OMD and 80s songs (like me!!)
on 19 June 2015
The disc arrived in perfect condition, the front of the case was cracked but that wasn't too much of a problem as I have spare cases handy.
on 26 November 2015
Average album from a group that normally gives a better output.
on 18 May 2013
This brings back so many memories...! A wonderfully rich tapestry of music which sums up the 80's generation in a musical nutshell.

OMD's latest must-listen album (English Electric) opens with a Chinese announcement. The boys have always been one step ahead when it comes to a History of Modern.
on 6 November 2013
this is another great album from omd they make great music time after time again forever live and die is a great song off this album
on 15 December 2010
Superb stuff. Did have it on tape a long time ago but it broke.
Not disappointed, super electric and vocals.