Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 April 2000
This has got to be the most beautiful music I have ever heard, if you grew up beside the ocean and feel a kindred to it then this cd is for you. At the same time as it relaxes me it frustrates me into wanting to be a part of the ocean. Its calming and beautiful ocean sounds are the ultimate in sadness and joy simultaneously.
VINE VOICEon 7 November 2003
Eric Serra has done what very few composers can do nowadys. He has come up with a score that is inherantly beautiful. The thick melodys and sweeping instramentals bring the film to life. When you listen to the soundtrack and close your eyes, whether you have seen the film or not, you can't help but be whisked away to a huge, blue world. Its a strange sensation to be sure, but the effect is mesmerising.
One of the real, greatest soundtracks ever.
on 9 August 2000
Take a dip into the rhythms of the ocean tide as you swim into the swirling watery sounds of dolphin and sea! A must in your cd collection!
on 23 May 2012
I have been listening to this CD on and off for 20 years and it still moves, centres and calms me. Strangely I have never thought of it as something as simple as music, but more a journey to a distant halcyon shore where a warm and gentle tide always strokes a honeyed shore. It transcends...
The Big Blue
on 14 March 2007
This album marked my introduction to the music of French composer Eric Serra, who had been up to that point and continued to be Luc Besson's de facto scorer. Maybe because I've always loved the sea and I could explain the fascination I have about the music in this album. Or it could be because it brings back beautiful images from the movie to my mind. In any case, many years after its original release, this is one of my most treasured soundtracks, one that I love from beginning to end, and one that I can see almost anyone dreaming to... closing their eyes and letting go, thinking of a distant island, far away from here, where they can just breathe in deep and feel the sea breeze with the sound of seagulls and a school of dolphins playing like clowns in the nearby water. Carried away? You will be when you listen to 'The Big Blue'.
on 6 June 2009
i watched this in the 80s and it changed the way i think and relax forever this film changed my life and its a true story ,can't wait for the sound track i wish i could give 10 out of 5
on 20 May 2016
If you have seen the film the music compliments every scene. It is also nice as a piece of music and listening to each track recalls the scenes in the film
on 8 April 2015
wasn`t vol 2 it was the single cd version I had lost my copy years ago so I didn`t bother to send it back great music but NOT as described
on 31 October 2014
Best album he has ever done .music is very soothing apart from track 13. If you love the sea you will love this . The film is also amazing
on 4 February 2010
Soundtrack to the french film, Ok the film is a lil quirky but the soundtrack is smoooth, one to sink in the bath with