Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 June 2009
The Troggs' first two albums on one CD, what an amazing bargain!
The band did a 'Back In Time' tour with The Move and The Love Affair in May 08 and played Salisbury City Hall. They had turned their live set inside out completely and featured quite a few of these tracks; more especially from 'From Nowhere,' but they were great to hear again on stage.
Chris Britton, has probably never won an award for his guitar work, but just listen to it on these two albums, he is quite some player. His solos, especially on the 'Wild Thing' B-side track, 'From Home,' is particularly on-the-button. They didn't play 'I Just Sing' live, but that's another amazing track often overlooked, and again has a knockout Chris Britton solo.
For new Troggs fans, well, these albums are just typical of the boys at their early and earthy best; 26 great tracks of original songs, cover versions, rockers and ballads; just the job - recommended! For those of us who were there at the time, well, isn't it great to listen to these tracks again. Deja Vu? Yes, but don't we need it!
on 23 August 2011
I bought this CD, the Troggs first two albums, on the strength of their early hits (eg "Wild Thing", "I Can't Control Myself" etc), hoping that this would be more of the same. On a first listening, I have to admit, I was somewhat disappointed. Yes, there were a number of tracks that bear strong resemblances to those well-loved garage classics, but there were also a fair amount of covers and slower ones. So I put it away for almost a year and didn't play it anymore. Then something (maybe hearing the sad news about Reg Presely's health in the newspaper?) made me dig it out again and I thought, "this actually isn't bad". The next day, I played it again. And the day after that. And now, I absolutely love it!
Whilst I still do hold the opinion that the quality is not consistent throughout, and that The Troggs were definitely more suited to all-out primitive rockers than their oft-attempted balladry, none of the tracks are actually bad, and a fair number of them are absolutely great. If to you, The Troggs were all about tracks like "Wild Thing", then there's plenty you will love on here. In fact, this is even included, for those who prefer something familiar! The grungy fuzz guitar and insistant rhythms really come into their own on tracks like "From Home" and "Our Love Will Still Be There", whilst The Troggs undoubtedly recorded the ultimate version of "I Can Only Give You Everything". "Meet Jacqueline" is a rather odd, but strangely addictive track, whilst the absolute stand-out has to be "I Want You To Come Into My Life". Make sure you play this one LOUD!!!!
Overall, I recommend this CD to anyone with more than a passing interest in The Troggs and/or 60s garage. The Troggs put all the US teen garage bands in the shade, as this CD is a testament to. Now, hurry up and get better Reg!!
on 9 November 2009
This double length cd has the first two lps by the Troggs and some of their best work. Brings back memories of when I heard the albums in the 60's
on 23 July 2013
When I was at school my best friend Rob bought this album and we went round to his house to listen to it on Many a lunch break. Sounds were great then still great now.
on 15 February 2014
I always loved the Troggs but restricted myself to greatest hits compilations. I have now purchased this album and the dvd live in Preston, I am so gad I did because both are very enjoyable and have given me more Troggs songs that I had not heard before to enjoy.
on 3 April 2015
Loved this dvd. Hadn't heard a lot of the songs before as I'm not from that era but I enjoyed it.
on 10 July 2015
Fantastic CD, so pleased to have it on CD after only having it on vinyl before.
on 4 November 2015
Mixed Bag of Troggs Rock. From Nowhere the better album
on 31 May 2015
Brings back the great sound of the Troggs