Format: Audio CD|Change

on 30 March 2012
Having been a big fan of England's favourite rock Mormon, I lost interest in dear Mr Hussey sharply after the revisionist shambles that was Masque. So 20 years later thought I'd give them another shot. If I'm honest, even at height of my fandom they always were a little one toned and austere, and like most goth bands struggled to stretch their winning formula sufficiently. But after the first five tracks I revised that opinion, all great tunes but this time with enough diversity keeping within the Mish formula. I'm thinking this could be the best Mish album yet. And then we get the pseudo piano ballad Stars Don't Shine, Zepplin ripped Celebration, Wonder Stuff cast-off Cry like a Baby and some arse about Swimming with Dolphins. And I haven't even mentioned the Cure rip off song. Once we pass this motley assortment quality levels pick back up again with Neverland and Daddy's Gone to Heaven. If they'd edited to it an 8 track album, would have been great. But mid-section really lets it down. Keeping the Faith ? Only just.
on 10 February 2001
neverland-what can I say, after being a big mission fan for about a year or two when I finally got my hands on some of their 90's material bar carved in sand I was excited. And when I began listening to the cd I was excited as it starts off nicely. The early tracks come drenched in distortion and feedback which is unusal for the mission, but a nice change. And the pretty "swoon" is a highlight. But in my opinion from here on in the quality of the songs dips drastically. While "Celebration" is an experiment that works most of the other songs just don't and leave you aching for more of the heartfelt, anthemic songs the mission normally specialise in. The first 4 songs sound like a different band with thick distortion and great tunes, it appears however that they were written at a different time to the rest of this album. If you are considering buying a mission album I reccommend Children.
on 5 December 2014
good album; my favourite song: " Daddy's Gone To Heaven Now"
on 22 October 2014