5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Linda - if you like Corinne Bailey Rae - you'll love LL., 25 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Lark (Audio CD)
My brother bought the album in the 70s, on the strength that Linda was the girlfriend of someone in 'Family'.
I love it, so sweetly sung and with enormous range 'It's the Frame of Mind' makes you think...'Who is the first one that you meet, What is the first thing that you say, To start the day the right way?' I still remember all the lyrics after 40 years, but I can't remember what I had for dinner last night - weird huh?

5.0 out of 5 stars Music for the soul !!, 24 Feb. 2008
Mr. Philip H. Stevenson "Blackdog" (Lichfield. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lark (Audio CD)
Quite by chance I 'discovered' sweet Linda Lewis while at the Reading Pop Festival in the early seventies and was struck by her sound and songs. I don't remember having any difficulty at the time aquiring her first (vinyl) album, although I may well have ordered it. It has remained one of my most treasured music recordings. I am staggered that it has not been remastered and made available on cd. Anyone who has not had the pleasure of listening to these songs, especially the title track 'Lark', has truly missed out on something beautiful indeed. A lady with a beautiful voice singing beautiful well crafted songs. Real music for the soul.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalga rides again!, 29 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Lark (Audio CD)
I bought this CD as I used to have the vinyl LP of it when it first came out. I happened to hear one of the tracks on the radio the other day, and just wanted to get hold of the CD as soon as poss! Linda Lewis has a lovely voice and her range of notes is quite extraordinary. When I listen to this CD I am transported back to my youth, although I don't think her tracks have aged at all and are still quite contemporary in sound. Just love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lark, 6 April 2011
This review is from: Lark (Audio CD)
Absolutely brilliant!!this girl has the pipes,and I am loving the songs too,heard about this allbum for years,finally I bought a copy on Amazon:-)
She's our British Minnie Riperton:-)

5.0 out of 5 stars a piece of summer, 19 Oct. 2012
Dr. R. Westrop "richardwestrop" (hull england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lark (Audio CD)
i bought this album on vinyl in the seventies and have been trying to obtain it on cd for years.the songs and arrangements are outstanding.it is the perfect album for a lazy summer afternoon.a beautiful rhythm section immaculately played.you need to listen to the whole album and drift off.for me of course it takes me back to the seventies when i was young and without resposibilities.one of my favorite albums. don't let it pass you by.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lost gem, 27 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Lark (Audio CD)
I have this album on vinyl and wanted to get it on CD - then found out how expensive it is, on both these formats!! WHY has this album not been remastered and re-released more widely I cannot fathom.

I went to see a young singer recently named Kat Marsh, from the South West of England, and told her afterwards that her vocals reminded me so much of Linda Lewis, I wondered whether her parents had owned this album, but no, she had never heard of her. Like so many people!!

This is a real gem of a record - great songs, great playing, great early seventies warm production, and of course great vocals. Hopefully more people will soon get to hear of the Lark, and of Linda Lewis. A song from this should end up in a film soundtrack, which would then have people clamouring for a re-release!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most beautiful albums you will ever hear..., 14 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Lark (Audio CD)
... finally remastered and restored properly with the hit ROCK A DOODLE DOO added for good measure. As one comes to expect from BBR, the mastering and packaging are as you would wish for a classic album. The liner notes have interviews with Linda Lewis and Jim Cregan and make for utterly fascinating reading.

What more could you ask for? Well, brand new remasters of her other two Reprise albums; FATHOMS DEEP and SAY NO MORE and thankfully BBR will release those in February.

Lark is a unique blend of Folk and Soul and is an eternally rewarding gift of an album. Your collection really is lacking without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars the sweet song of LARK, 16 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Lark (Audio CD)
I've loved the LARK album for years. It's truly one of those unsung records that should be in the collection of anyone who can appreciate singing and songwriting. It might be from 1972 but LARK is timeless. Kudos to Big Break Records for making this the definitive CD re-issue of an album so many of us love. It was so interesting to read Linda and producer Jim Cregan's personal recollections of the music, as well. A must!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer Bliss, 27 Dec. 2013
R. D. GARDINER (Basingstoke) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lark (Audio CD)
Brought back memories of the original recording. Sheer bliss. Loved every moment. What a wonderful voice. Every home should have one.

Lark
Lark by Linda Lewis (Audio CD - 2000)