5.0 out of 5 stars She is Amazing!, 22 Jun. 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: BABACAR (Audio CD)
This is the only record that I have from France Gall, but it is good enough for me to discover that you do not have to speak French to understand her songs, because with her beautiful voice you got it all. Just imagine, it took me like 10 years to find the C.D., because the first time that I listen to Babacar, was when a friend of mine went to Europe and bought the cassette, I was amazed. But I lived in Mexico in those days, and there, it was almost impossible to find, and then here in the Unites States is were I bought it, but the wait worth it, because when I listen to the songs, I can only hear such a marvelous voice, excellent rhythms, from romantic ballads to dancing rhythms that give you a lot of different feelings. I highly recommend this record because France Gall is a real artist that puts a lot of feeling in her songs and you can feel it. I would love to have the latest record from France Gall and know more about her.

4.0 out of 5 stars France's France comes out with another good one, 28 Sept. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: BABACAR (Audio CD)
Although not her best by a long chalk, compared to others across the globe worth four stars.
Very bouncy and quite poppy from someone who has tried to emulate Johnny Hallyday (or the UK's Cliff Richard) in longevity. She debuted in 1967.
Other albums have been better but this is probably more of one that appealed to the international audience.
Thematically there is a green side to this.
I would reccomend it if only because it is available rather than because it is her best - it is not. Try Au Zenith, a couple of years earlier, for instance.

BABACAR
BABACAR by France Gall (Audio CD)