5.0 out of 5 stars funk through and through, damn fine album, 12 Mar 2003
This review is from: Drive Thru Booty (Audio CD)
i think this has to be one of my favorite albums of all time, the lead singer has amazing vocals that have a very soul/mowtown feel to them yet put to a very funky soul acid jazz pop rhythym - every tune a definite sing along track that will lodge in your head and get your hips swaying, fat boy slim was part of freakpower and some of his talent in production shines through. its not easy to find but definitely worth the search

5.0 out of 5 stars The Fried Funk Food EP, 22 Aug 2003
scalbag (Howth, Dublin,Ireland,) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drive Thru Booty (Audio CD)
Whatever about the main album (DRIVE THRU BOOTY) the bonus cd is amazing, easily the best thing I have ever heard. I have tried to find anything similiar to this but have failed. I am an old hippie and only imagine that this is something modern called "dope beatz" or ambient or something like that - I don't know, so if anyone out there has any idea what this sort of muisic is called and klbnows of anything similiar please let me know because I think it is just fantastic. It is in my mind the ultimate chill out album. If you see it get it - beg, borrow or steal. I actua;lly think it is better than the main album and I know it is the only decent bonus cd I have ever bought.
Slan
Scalbag

4.0 out of 5 stars Funky!, 30 Nov 2013
Jack Barrow (Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drive Thru Booty (Audio CD)
Soul Funk from start to finish. Apparently it's Acid Jazz but it sounds like Soul Funk to me. Still, I like it, there's not a bad track on it and I've played it quite a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars good for the soul, 27 Feb 2011
This review is from: Drive Thru Booty (Audio CD)
lean back and chill out, a rarity in that everytrack is a winner, i bet you won't be able to kepp your feet still from start to end, addictive, pure, a clean massage for the mind, just damm good for the soul.

Drive Thru Booty
Drive Thru Booty by Freakpower (Audio CD - 1994)