4.0 out of 5 stars 80's Memories!
One of my favourite albums from Agnetha! It brings back good memories of 1987/88 when the album was released.
Agnetha flew to the U.S. to record her vocals for this (I think I'm right in thinking 'the last time' she flew anywhere until her 60th birthday in 2010 due to her fear of flying ).
The album has an overall cohesive sound to it due to the production from...
Published on 13 Nov 2012 by Misty50

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first solo CDs
This CD shows more maturity than they very first solo CDs.

Agnethas voice is what really sells it and the songs could have done with showing that off a bit.

I think the songs were written by someone who's firs tlanguage is not English as some of the lyrics are a bit clunky and can be distracting becuase they are such a cliche.

But overall,...
Published 17 months ago by Michael H

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars 80's Memories!, 13 Nov 2012
This review is from: I Stand Alone (Audio CD)
The album has an overall cohesive sound to it due to the production from Peter Cetera (from Chicago) and co-producer Bruce Gaitsch. The stand-out tracks for me are 'Little White Secrets', 'Let It Shine', the title track; 'I Stand Alone' and the fantastic first single 'The Last Time'. This last one should have been a massive hit in the UK in my opinion!
There is not a 'duff' track here unlike maybe some of her earlier albums and Agnetha has obviously spent a long time choosing the songs for their lyrics as well as their melodies. A slight shame that there are no self-penned songs here as on previous collections but Agnetha being the perfectionist she is probably thought they weren't good enough!
Altogether a marvellous album that I would highly recommend and I can't wait until her new material that she is currently working on comes out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Agnetha's Best Album "Alone", 25 April 2004
Music Fan (Glasgow, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Stand Alone (Audio CD)
This has got to be Agnetha Faltskog at her best. The album was recordedin California, North America and was produced by former Chicago singerPeter Cetera.
I wasn't a fan of Agnetha's solo work, until I heard this album. A lot offans criticise this album because of the American sound on it, and that itwasn't the familiar Euro-Pop sound that fans were used to, maybe that'swhat it appealed to me! It was a fresh new sound and I think that's whatmakes this album "Stand Alone" from her previous work.
I think each and every track on the album is amazing, my favourite tracksbeing the ballads, including "I Wasn't The One (Who Said Goodbye)" as Ithink Agnetha and Peter sound great as a duo, "Maybe It Was Magic" as ithas a nice, slow feel-good vibe to it, "If You Need Somebody Tonight", forbeing a tingling, heart felt song and "Let It Shine", one of the mostpositive and uplifting songs on the album. The only track I like theleast is "We Got A Way", a song you would expect to find on a Starshipalbum. Too rock and roll for this album.
Overall, this has got to be one of Agnetha's best solo albums. I firstbought this album online over three years ago and have never gone tiredlistening to it. It's a shame that it wasn't well publicised here in theUK as I'm sure this album could have done well.
I would highly recommend this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 9 Nov 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: I Stand Alone (Audio CD)
Agnetha sounds great on this album. Really sunny American popstuff. I like 'The last time', 'I satnd alone' and 'Maybe it was magic' most of all.
Peter Cetera and Bruce Gaitsch really did a great job producing this record. There could have been another up tempo song on this album as as a whole the ballads do seem to take the lead.
I Stand Alone must be one of Agnetha's best records, with or without ABBA

5.0 out of 5 stars She certainly stands alone, 5 Aug 2008
This review is from: I Stand Alone (Audio CD)
I remember the heady days of ABBA back in Australia and then they disappeared, more or less and all we were left with were memories.
I Stand Alone is one of those albums that you can play over and over, the soaring falsetto voice of Agnetha is back again, albeit without her former comrades and one is reminded once again of the power of music to change lives.
Love songs like Little White Secrets, The Last Time, Love in a World Gone Mad remind us of what made ABBA such a memorable band, and Agnetha's voice has always had a haunting quality about it that screams mystique, sensuality tinged with raw energy and soulful angst. Why this album was never picked up by the big radio stations just proves that true music is like a gem, you have to dig deep to find the good ones!
Co produced by Peter Cetera of Chicago fame and with songwriting from Chapman, this solo album is one of my favourites. I use it as backing music when I'm writing my books.
Worth every penny, keep on singing Agnetha, in a world of trivial X factor wannabes we need someone with a REAL voice.
Alastair Rosie

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly fabulous solo album from Agnetha!, 19 April 2009
FAMOUS NAME (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
'I Stand Alone' was Agnetha's third solo album after a long break at the end of the eighties, but this was more of a teaming up/duo with Peter Cetera of 'Chicago' fame.

Though I played 'Wrap Your Arms Around Me' - her solo album to death, and therefore somewhat reluctant to say, I'm tempted to feel that this was perhaps her best album. Ten fabulously catchy songs with some haunting melodies, with a mixture of soft and harder ballads. Cetera's writing can be detected quite clearly here - along with his vocal contributions on some tracks.

This would be Agnetha's last album for many years until she came back with a collection of 'covers' more than a decade later.

5.0 out of 5 stars Evolution at it's best, 17 Mar 2004
minxymoo (Belfast, County Down United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Stand Alone (Audio CD)
Agnetha was always my favourite abba singer, her first two solo albums were fantastic, and as the eighties progressed, Agnetha noticably gained more confidence in her work, as her solo career was far more successful than that of Frida, this alum I stand Alone, is a lot different to her first two albums, which were euro pop, this is more american in style, but is equally just as good as her other albums.
Agnetha's new look is stunning and her voice is sharp and clear, she's the best ! I recommend you give it a go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: I Stand Alone (Audio CD)
I would recommend this album to anyone who loves great music, stunning vocals, and inspired musical arrangements. Agnetha will draw you in time and time again with Her haunting voice.... Brilliant !

5.0 out of 5 stars class, 9 May 2013
This review is from: I Stand Alone (Audio CD)
the superb voice of Agnetha- the clarity of every track is as expected with such a brilliant voice but I am biased and the cd is for fans of Agnetha only-if you only have ABBA cd's do not expect the same type of music-this is more melodic and quieter.
For the uniniated perhaps listen to one or two tracks before purchasing to ensure that you will like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly modern, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: I Stand Alone (Audio CD)
Amazingly modern cd, with a voice to die for. Why did I not follow her over the years? I will in the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly fabulous solo album from Agnetha!, 19 April 2009
FAMOUS NAME (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

I Stand Alone
I Stand Alone by Agnetha Faltskog (Audio CD - 1993)