4.0 out of 5 stars A comedian's album
There's an old show business story about a team of TV writers sitting around in a room telling the funniest, most off-the-wall jokes that anyone had ever heard. After a few minutes, one of them says "OK, it's time to stop and actually write the show." They then proceed to sober up and turn out the usual TV fare.
The "Derek and Clive" albums are...
Published on 11 Jan. 2002 by Mark A. Banash

3.0 out of 5 stars I remember laughing like an idiot at this 30 years ago
Arrived in the delivery window as described no hassles

It's hard to give this a review rating because it is as I remember it - sort of. I remember laughing like an idiot at this 30 years ago. But then that's what I must have been.

Now I see it as not so funny, repetitive, forced and not as much of it.

weirdly the only genuinely funny...
Published 4 months ago by tencsboc

5.0 out of 5 stars Rude but very funny, 20 Feb. 2013
Karen A. (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Derek & Clive [Live] (Audio CD)
I first heard this going on for 30 years ago and thought it was about time I introduced the genius of Peter Cook to a new generation and this was a great success as a Christmas present for someone who's is actually going on for 30 years younger than me. He couldn't actually say the rude words to me! but told me it was really great and that he keeps on playing it so that he can memorise some of the best bits and do turns for his mates.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's pretty good, 22 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Derek & Clive [Live] (Audio CD)
I liked this product as it was something from my family members youth, and brought back a lot of fond memories.
It was a good copy, and well packaged, although it arrived slightly later than outlined in my feedback email, causing my relative to receive a belated present, rather than on time.
All in all, well presented, nicely packaged, a good copy, I would recommend it to anyone :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Derek & Clive live, 13 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Derek & Clive [Live] (Audio CD)
I first heard this on vinyl in the 70s when I was a boy , I tryed getting hold of a copy but no way ! It was got for me this Christmas from a friend WELL I've jumped up with joy it's fab all the memories iv laffed so much ok it not P C but come on live is too short it's great when your feeling down with life out the C D on & all is well again go on Get a Copy 5 stars plus more

5.0 out of 5 stars A word kind of jazz., 29 July 2014
Mr. G. Morgan "wes" (Haywards Heath, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Derek & Clive [Live] (Audio CD)
This is, despite their later D & C albums, essentially a one-off. They attempt here stuff no-one has attempted before or since, it is a veritable feast of swearing. Two not-so-old gits go at it, riffing their way through some quite marvellously offensive routines in their London-voiced prole or gin-soaked upper crust personae. But it is definitely NOT the case that they curse because they have nothing to say - never Cook's problem even though here the real problem (alcohol) doubtless was the catalyst if not cause of the mayhem herein. We have two old buffers reminiscing about strategy in warring with an ant in Bahrain; a filthy chat about a job; on taking offence at being said Hello to ("What like that? TO you?" Moore gamely replies); the conceit of Pete having to cope with women throwing themselves at him and worse; a silly ditty about breasts; a hermetic, mournful 'haiku' (in spirit if not form) oddity about cancer. Yet it is hilarious. As I have said elsewhere, it works because it breaks a barrier, being offensive yet also, strangely innocent. It isn't only a couple of supreme wind-up artists, it's about two minds at the end of their tether i.e. it is about rather than, quite, an example of stupidity. It is not everyone's cuppa but I still find it painfully funny and the ant being "equal... in a struggle" with "Squatter Madras" can still have me in stiches almost 50 yearsish later. Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars quite crude but so funny. a must buy if you got a sense ..., 24 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Derek & Clive [Live] (Audio CD)
Brill, quite crude but so funny. a must buy if you got a sense of humour.

4.0 out of 5 stars this bloke came up to me..., 15 Nov. 2012
A truly great recording of my personal 2 favourite comedians. Full of intelligent wit from Peter Cook who on regular occasion slays Dudley Moore reducing him to giggles and gut laughs. I'd give it 5 stars but I feel that Ad Nauseum has the edge over this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars I remember laughing like an idiot at this 30 years ago, 22 Jan. 2015
Arrived in the delivery window as described no hassles

Now I see it as not so funny, repetitive, forced and not as much of it.

weirdly the only genuinely funny moments for me are when Dud is unable to retrain his laughter.

If anything it serves to remind me how old I am and that the past is just that. So maybe this will appeal to the latest generation of idiots yet to grow up.

Would I deny them the laughter ? not for a second.

ACID TEST: would I buy it again? No its for the wild ones

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 3 Feb. 2012
R. C. Barber (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Derek & Clive [Live] (Audio CD)
I have had this LP for many years but sadly the record player died a few years ago! When i saw this on Amazon as a CD, i had to purchase it because it is just so funny. There will never be another PETE & DUD, RIP.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sadly Missed Duo, 30 Nov. 2011
Tommy Tupper (Glasgow, Scotland UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Derek & Clive [Live] (Audio CD)
Remember listening to this recording in the late 70's and finding it funny. Been listening to it while in the car and find myself bursting out laughing at their antics, classic comedy.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome!, 10 July 2014
Mr. Jl Hurst - See all my reviews
This review is from: Derek & Clive [Live] (Audio CD)
dolly get me my polaroid! awesome!

Derek & Clive [Live]
Derek & Clive [Live] by Derek & Clive (Audio CD - 1989)