Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 April 2012
I lived in Italy during 1980 - 1982 and people used to point at me and say I looked like Lucio Dalla (short, bearded, glasses and beret . . .). So I had to check out his music, which quickly became addictive and a large part of the soundtrack to my Italian years. Fast forward to 2012: LD has died just short of his 69th birthday. I don't have any of his stuff on CD, so I order this compilation. It turns out to be the best of his music from the late 70s and early 80s, which for me must be the best of his career. I would wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone who wants to get into LD the man, or to understand the best of Italian singer/songwriter music from the period, Full of poetry, lyricism, humour and a variety of music from funk to reggae, from ballads to R&B. Worth checking out - and a great souvenir for me.

Great memories of a party in Venice where we sang "Desperato Erotico Stomp" until a neighbour came up apologetically and said "Sorry, but could you stop singing - it's just that my husband has just died . . .".
on 4 August 2000
This is probably the most representative of Lucio Dalla,s work, one of Italys truly great musicians and poets, even for those who dont speak the language the music carries you off in every direction. Brilliant compilation and excellent value for money.
on 2 May 2014
This CD contains tracks which are mainly excellent. One or two I did not like. It is really varied in style too. The packaging was poor, however, and the CD case arrived in pieces. This keeps happening - Amazon uses cardboard packaging which seems to work very well, but the other companies prefer bubblepack envelopes, which are not strong enough. Disappointing.
on 28 February 2013
I recently discoved this mans works, this album was a great way to start. Sadly passed away but a true genius who should be known more outside of his native Italia.
on 21 January 2010
Fell in love with Lucio Dalla's music when I lived in Italy in the early '80's....and it is just as poignant, lyrical and nostalgic today when I listen to it from West London.
on 13 May 2016