Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 September 2011
......I discovered this female Jazz singer RANDY CRAWFORD when I was a student in the US in the 1980ies. Her music reminds me on some of the best years of my life when I was a young student in in the 1980ies in Boston (Harvard University),in Philadelphia (Wharton Business School) and in Palo Alto (Stanford University).

.....I travelled all over the US from East to West Coast and from North to South in my convertible car, I bought hundreds of US music LPs and CDs and DVDs. RANDY CRAWFORD has become one of my all-time favorite singers! - I moved from job to job in the following 25 years from 1985 to 2012 and all the US music LPs and CDs moved allover the world. RANDY CRAWFORD's music is still one of my all-time favorite female entertainers.

.................WHO is Randy Crawford?

..."Randy Crawford (born Veronica Crawford, February 18, 1952, Macon, Georgia) is an American jazz and R&B singer. She has been more successful in Europe than in the United States, where she has not entered the Billboard Hot 100 as a solo artist. She has enjoyed multiple top five hits in the UK, including her 1980 #2 hit, "One Day I'll Fly Away"...."

...."Randy Crawford's initial notoriety came from her fiery vocal on "Street Life," a 1979 song matching her with the Crusaders that was included on the soundtrack for Burt Reynolds' film Sharky's Machine. Crawford was born in Macon and grew up in Cincinnati; she worked in clubs as a teen, accompanied by her father. Crawford was lead vocalist in a group that included bassist Bootsy Collins before touring as George Benson's opening act in 1972. Cannonball Adderley invited her to sing on his LP Big Man. Crawford recorded "Don't Get Caught in Love's Triangle," a song produced by Johnny Bristol, during a short stay on the label. She soon moved to Warner Bros., and after "Street Life," recorded and toured Europe with the Crusaders. Crawford was tabbed Most Outstanding Performer at the 1980 Tokyo Music Festival. She remained with Warner Bros. through the '80s and early '90s, but was unable to score either a big R&B hit or major crossover smash, despite having one of the most readily identifiable voices and distinctive approaches of any contemporary female vocalist. She's been more successful overseas, particularly in England, where such singles as "Knocking on Heaven's Door," "Rainy Night in Georgia," and "Last Night at Danceland" have gotten universal acclaim." (author: Ron Wynn, All Music Guide)
on 20 May 2014
I heard one of her songs on the radio and it reminded me how much I liked randy Crawford so I decided a best of cd was in order. It certainly doesn't disappoint. Full of hits and the few covers a fab versions.
on 11 September 2013
This is really a nice CD with some great varied tracks and some well known hits. I enjoy listerning to this on a journey and it tends to remind me of places I have travelled to, particularly middle France. Its highly recommended.
on 11 November 2015
This is my first Randy Crawford CD. It will not be my last. A superb quality recording of a superb quality artist. In my many, many years of music listening, this is the first Album I have ever played three times consecutively in one session. Brilliant.
on 15 August 2015
Absolutely fabulous voice - play this CD at night to relax to. has become one of my favourite CD's in a matter of weeks. I wish I had purchased this years a good.
on 17 July 2015
How can I not give Randy five stars, these are her greatest hits after all. What a soulful singer, up there with the best and should be recognize as such.
on 11 January 2016
At last I have managed to play this CD, forgot what a lovely voice she has. I only wish the Imagine track did not have the end spoilt by clapping.
on 8 October 2010
what is it about soul artists?there voices,there lyrics?the tunes?..let me give you my say !anyone who listens to soul music will back me up on this,theyre just simply thee best singers in the world.look at james brown he sang while he was in his 70s,another barry white he was the ultimate romanace singer ever seeing him at the edinburgh playhouse in concert was i night that will live with me forever,like randy shes awesome her voice is so powerful when she sings it comes from her soul,i love to listen to her she moves me and i feel the hair stand up on the back of my neck everytime i hear her.another legend
on 25 October 2012
heard Almaz on the radio ,remembered i used to have it on cassette,loved it then still love it now...great cd thanks
on 2 February 2015
Excellent pric and prompt delivery. Love Randy Crawford and CD is great.