5.0 out of 5 stars I discovered the phantatsic female Jazz singer Randy Crawford when I studied in the U.S. ...., 6 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Very Best of Randy Crawford (Audio CD)
......I discovered this female Jazz singer RANDY CRAWFORD when I was a student in the US in the 1980ies. Her music reminds me on some of the best years of my life when I was a young student in in the 1980ies in Boston (Harvard University),in Philadelphia (Wharton Business School) and in Palo Alto (Stanford University).

.....I travelled all over the US from East to West Coast and from North to South in my convertible car, I bought hundreds of US music LPs and CDs and DVDs. RANDY CRAWFORD has become one of my all-time favorite singers! - I moved from job to job in the following 25 years from 1985 to 2012 and all the US music LPs and CDs moved allover the world. RANDY CRAWFORD's music is still one of my all-time favorite female entertainers.

.................WHO is Randy Crawford?

..."Randy Crawford (born Veronica Crawford, February 18, 1952, Macon, Georgia) is an American jazz and R&B singer. She has been more successful in Europe than in the United States, where she has not entered the Billboard Hot 100 as a solo artist. She has enjoyed multiple top five hits in the UK, including her 1980 #2 hit, "One Day I'll Fly Away"...."

...."Randy Crawford's initial notoriety came from her fiery vocal on "Street Life," a 1979 song matching her with the Crusaders that was included on the soundtrack for Burt Reynolds' film Sharky's Machine. Crawford was born in Macon and grew up in Cincinnati; she worked in clubs as a teen, accompanied by her father. Crawford was lead vocalist in a group that included bassist Bootsy Collins before touring as George Benson's opening act in 1972. Cannonball Adderley invited her to sing on his LP Big Man. Crawford recorded "Don't Get Caught in Love's Triangle," a song produced by Johnny Bristol, during a short stay on the label. She soon moved to Warner Bros., and after "Street Life," recorded and toured Europe with the Crusaders. Crawford was tabbed Most Outstanding Performer at the 1980 Tokyo Music Festival. She remained with Warner Bros. through the '80s and early '90s, but was unable to score either a big R&B hit or major crossover smash, despite having one of the most readily identifiable voices and distinctive approaches of any contemporary female vocalist. She's been more successful overseas, particularly in England, where such singles as "Knocking on Heaven's Door," "Rainy Night in Georgia," and "Last Night at Danceland" have gotten universal acclaim." (author: Ron Wynn, All Music Guide)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
Excellent Thankyou A +++++

5.0 out of 5 stars Blast from the past, 20 May 2014
This review is from: The Very Best of Randy Crawford (Audio CD)
I heard one of her songs on the radio and it reminded me how much I liked randy Crawford so I decided a best of cd was in order. It certainly doesn't disappoint. Full of hits and the few covers a fab versions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, 11 Sep 2013
M. J. Germain (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best of Randy Crawford (Audio CD)
This is really a nice CD with some great varied tracks and some well known hits. I enjoy listerning to this on a journey and it tends to remind me of places I have travelled to, particularly middle France. Its highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 25 Oct 2012
heard Almaz on the radio ,remembered i used to have it on cassette,loved it then still love it now...great cd thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars another great soul artist, 8 Oct 2010
Lee D. Armani "LEE" (edinburgh uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best of Randy Crawford (Audio CD)
what is it about soul artists?there voices,there lyrics?the tunes?..let me give you my say !anyone who listens to soul music will back me up on this,theyre just simply thee best singers in the world.look at james brown he sang while he was in his 70s,another barry white he was the ultimate romanace singer ever seeing him at the edinburgh playhouse in concert was i night that will live with me forever,like randy shes awesome her voice is so powerful when she sings it comes from her soul,i love to listen to her she moves me and i feel the hair stand up on the back of my neck everytime i hear her.another legend

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Aug 2014
Deborah Crummey "oldbird" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best of Randy Crawford (Audio CD)
Fabulous album, bought another for my mother in law.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic soul, 28 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Very Best of Randy Crawford (Audio CD)
Great cd of classic Randy Crawford tracks..

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 24 Feb 2012
Ms. T. Watts (Aldershot) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best of Randy Crawford (Audio CD)
Very pleased with this, it brought back lots of memories. Ideal for the house, car, late at night and dare I say it, ideal for a little suduction!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Oct 2014
ok

The Very Best of Randy Crawford
The Very Best of Randy Crawford by Randy Crawford (Audio CD - 2004)