5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for what it is
Soprano goes pop. Or...Pop went soprano. This is Sarahs first solo album without any show tunes contributions from Andrew Llyod Webber (With the exception of 'Love Changes Everything'.
Published on 30 Dec. 2002 by Nicola Jarvis

3.0 out of 5 stars Sarah Brightman goes Pop-Rock
I didn't know what I was going to hear when I bought this 'As I Came of Age' - okay, I did expect the usual Sarah Brightman stuff. However, this album became something very different. I think the music in this one is more Pop-rock than the usual 'sweet' Pop. I even think of Debbie Gibson's (the album made in 1988-1990)- with less various of arrangement.
I also can't...
Published on 14 Mar. 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Sarah Brightman goes Pop-Rock, 14 Mar. 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: As I Come of Age (Audio CD)
I also can't say I totally dislike this one, only perhaps you may want to hear a sample before do the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for what it is, 30 Dec. 2002
Nicola Jarvis (Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: As I Come of Age (Audio CD)
If you are expecting screeching voices, broken windows and very loud instumentals - which is what we normally get from the lovely Sarah Brightman - then this is the wrong cd. This is pure 80's pop and its a lot of fun. This isn't her best cd, but if you are a die hard Sarah Brightman fan then its a must have. Songs like 'Good Morning Starshine' which sounds like the Teletubbies theme song are bound to shock you (The chorus consists of such words: "Gliddy glop glubby nibby nabba noody la la lo lo"...you get my drift).
You will be disappointed with this cd if you are looking for her usual stuff, but for anyone to take a chance, you must hear this album!
5 out of 5 for its popping ways.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sarah Brightman comes of age . . ., 12 Dec. 2006
This review is from: As I Come of Age (Audio CD)
I personally love this album for it's charm and easy listening. My favorite song has to be the first track "The River Cried". Two show tunes - Love Changes Everything and Good Morning Starshine from Hair are also included, but add to the hippy feel of the album. It just got better and better after this album. There is a good harmony song - Brown Eyes, and 60s cover - Alone Again Or originally by Love.

As I Come of Age
As I Come of Age by Sarah Brightman (Audio CD - 1990)