Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon 26 August 2007
This is Boney M's ninth and final studio album and was released in September 1985 but failed to chart here in the UK. This album featured new male singer Reggie Tsiboe as well as Bobby Farrell. Two singles were released in the UK from this album, Young, Free And Single and Bang Bang Lulu but both failed to chart. Other outstanding tracks on this album are Chica Da Silva and Todos Buenos plus cover versions of 10CC'S Dreadlock Holiday and Stevie Wonder's My Cherie Amour.

As well as releasing Greatest Hits albums and remix singles up to 2006 Boney M continue to tour but not with the original line up, only Liz Mitchell. Liz Mitchell has released about five studio solo albums since all of which I have got so check them out as they are outstanding to.

Boney M to me are one of the best groups around and have two of their singles, which both made number one, Rivers Of Babylon/Brown Girl In The Ring (April 1978) and Mary's Boy Child/Oh My Lord (December 1978) in the UK's Top Ten best selling singles of all time.

It is so great to have all of their studio albums digitally remastered and released in the UK as to me they did not get the recognition they deserved when these albums were originally released.

Boney M were and will remain a part of history in my life and some of their songs have fantastic memories for me and my family. I remember doing my paper round and saving up any other money I earnt so that when a Boney M single or album was released I could go and get it straight away. I remember waiting on the days of release at my local Woolworths store and local record shop known then as Rediffusion before they opened so I could purchase my record of the latest Boney M release like with my other favourite groups such as The Bay City Rollers and ABBA.

So all I can say is thank god I was around for the 70's and 80's music era because they certainly won't ever be repeated.
on 14 May 2014
This cd is known as the least consistent of Boney M's work. It seems by this time there was a certain fatigue setting in, but it's still far superior to other pop releases of the time. Give it a chance and it will definitely grow on you.
on 12 August 2008
This was Boney Ms final studio album. This time Bobby Farrell was forgiven and brought back into the mix, making Boney M a five-piece for the first time. It is, to me, a truly unlistenable album.
The first single 'Young, Free and Single' starts things off and now sounds incredibly dated, though in all honesty it didn't sound all that great in the first place. The second single was a dreadful song called 'Bang Bang Lulu', a song so awful and crude (Black Lace would have been embarrassed) that lead singer Liz Mitchell refused to sing on it and a session singer was brought in to replace her.
Much of this album is in fact an aborted solo album by Reggie Tsiboe, which explains his lead vocals on a number of tracks.
Liz Mitchell is hardly heard (the only decent song is 'Chica Da Silva sung by Liz) and Marcia cannot be heard at all.
Frank Farian takes on a few leads himself, but the main problem is that it just does not sound like Boney M at all.
As you may have guessed by now, I don't think much of this album - and even Liz Mitchell has admitted that she doesn't like it either(describing the recording as a shambles).
on 2 February 2008
I, too, enjoyed Boney M's recordings in the 70s/early 80s.

Many "music lovers" of course don't appreciate anything commercial and well-produced. Boney M recordings were always well produced and I assume didn't require too much "re-mastering" as they were good enough already!

This is another collection of up-tempo catchy tunes from 1985 which stick in your head on first listen (sign of a good tune in my opinion!).

Nothing much to add to the original reviewer, just a shame we don't hear Boney M music much these days.

Well worth buying.

GED REEK
on 21 May 2013
Yet another great BONEY M classic I haven't got in my collection,I have it in my collection now,another one to treasure
on 21 September 2014
All is ok. The product and shipping
on 7 May 2015