5.0 out of 5 stars crossing so many boundaries, 29 July 2001
This review is from: Dynamite (Audio CD)
this is the album i keep losing. ok, i'm over 50 and my office is messier than it should be, but its my 13 year old that whisks dynamite away. like a good painting (or one of stina's photographs) there are so many levels to discover. a superficial listen is unsatifactory, but once dynamite invades the psyche, the seductive melodies and vocals draw out the dark beauty of the lyrics. stina as a photographer writes in a vivid visual style where her well chosen lyrics hide behind the blurred monochrome of the music. Each of her albums is a self contained jewel - this difficult third is a triumph.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique Stina at her best, 22 July 2008
This review is from: Dynamite (Audio CD)
I love "And she closed her eyes", but Dynamite is even better, it's my absolute favorite of Stina's (I've got pretty much every record of hers). Sound production stunning, lyrics never obvious, somewhat shocking, a quiet and resigned anger that fits unbelievably well her childish voice: different from everybody else, and the true mark of a genius

5.0 out of 5 stars Difficult and that's just what you wanted!, 3 Feb. 2008
Bruce Percy - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dynamite (Audio CD)
We're not into Stina Nordenstam for easy listening. But Dynamic, although being her less immediate album to get into, grows on you. I think she's a special artist who does her own thing and in this case, gone are the close harmonies, the slick production, and instead, it's like listening to Nirvana's In-Utero. The production has been stripped, but underneath what sounds sparse and stark, are beautiful melodies.

If you want to get into Stina, then buy 'And she closed her eyes', If you are already a fan and don't have this - then get it because it's more raw than anything else she's done. It's an album you'll keep coming back to.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Dynamite, as the name says!, 28 Jun. 2010
Roberto de Oliveira (Guaruja, Sao Paulo - BRAZIL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dynamite (Audio CD)
Forget the previous albums (Memories of a color, And She Closed Her Eyes), this is a all different, it's a unique experience, the sound is more rock, dramatic, dark, shady... but it has a power of attraction, magnetic! The childish vocal by Stina is the same beautiful, and it creates the great contrast between voice and arrangement (the voice is soft and the arrangement is hard). A strange beautiful atmosphere is created with more powerful song like "CQD", "Dynamite" and "Down Desire Avennue"; and shady and solitary songs like "Now That You're Leaving" and "The Man With The Gun". A strange and depressive is "This Time, John", the lyrics talks about a certain John, he's gonna to be spanked for a gang... the gang's leader says all things he will make with poor John... very fateful, dismal...
A very interesting album, I confess that I love the mood in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Me and Stina. Alone in the dark.., 19 Aug. 2004
This review is from: Dynamite (Audio CD)
I have been Stina's fan along long time ago.
I remember when MTV first got to our area in Israel. It was around 1994 and as I grew up and trying to find myself in the musical asspect, I got to see (and hear!) Stina's "Little Star". It was love in first site (The tender pain that I can not explain even until today..)
well..
years have gone by and I bought all of Stina's albums. "Dynamite" was one of them. It is an album that's very hard to exept and get along with. But after you do..
"I found myself closing my eyes as my gigantic Sennheiser HD 590 headphones reproducing stina's whispering in my ears. "under your command"...I open my eyes and close them..."This time john.."
I hold stina's hand as we walk through the tall bushes of her mind. Alone. In the dark.
Highly recomanded.

Dynamite
Dynamite by Stina Nordenstam (Audio CD - 1997)