Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Listen with Prime Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon 27 September 2009
I have not really paid any attention to the Lennons. Not being a Beatles fan, I have never really given any of their off-spring much thought. However, I have always been a big Yoko Ono fan, and so it was she who first drew her son to my attention when I saw a brief Interview of the two of them together, where Sean confessed to being a fan of his mother's music. They looked so proud of one another, and Sean made reference to the collaboration of Yoko's latest Album. (see my Review for that title) Sean had said that although of course he liked the music of both his parents, he preferred his mother's, since he found it more 'edgy' - and so I guess it was this remark that led me to try out some of his own compositions.

Again; unlike a Beatles fan, I was not expecting the sound of his father, and as Sean had stated that he leaned more towards his mother's music, I would expect something very different from him - and that's what I got!

This Album I understand was his debut. There are thirteen Tracks, and most of it is nothing like I've heard before! This is a very 'unique' sounding Artist, and many of the Songs are sort of 'off beat', and almost out of tune in places, and not what perhaps many may expect from the son of a Beatle!

Upon first hearing, this may not mean very much to many, but on a second play, it all seems to come together - at least it did for me! There is one song in particular: 'Wasted' (ironically the very shortest of the lot at a mere 1 minute and 31 seconds long!) but it is the most beautiful, and is certainly my favourite Track of all! I would go so far as to say that it's worth buying the CD Album for this Song alone!

I will certainly be buying more CDs of this Artist - knowing that I'll get something very 'different' and 'unique' for my money!

I'm giving this Five Stars for 'uniqueness' and for the huge amount of 'artistic' content.
on 14 July 2015
Sean is completely different to his Dad & brother Julian, but he has his own quite distinctive style, the CD does take a while to get into, once you do it is a very good quality recording with as I say a different & distinctive style from Sean, that I think most of us would find refreshing!! I would recommend this CD to anyone who was intrigued to know what his particular Lennon sounds like.
VINE VOICEon 27 September 2009

on 5 April 2015
Just as I expected, plays well.
on 15 September 2014
great cd and highly recommended
on 27 December 2014
great great great
on 2 May 2003
It took me a while to get into this album, but after the sencond playthrough all the songs suddenly started to flow. Sean Lennon's voice is certainly not the echo of his father like Julian Lennon but it is somehow more structured than his brothers. At times calm and melodic, at others rawcus and energized, this album has it all. I myself am an up-an coming musician and I take influence from this album. Give you a best track? Well I couldn't really, they all make up the album. Don't go in expecting Beatles and you will enjoy. Give it a chance, it's well worth it!
on 30 November 2000
It's not often you can listen to thirteen out of thirteen great good songs on an album. Sean Lennon does that with this cd (and also with the group Cibo Matto). He's one artist you can buy blindfolded.