5.0 out of 5 stars Great
I's a great album, plenty of good songs, if you love the x files you must have it, if not it's a cool pop-rock album, you'll enjoy!
Published on 1 Feb 2010 by Monica Pujante

3.0 out of 5 stars Its okay
Published 11 months ago by Deimos

3.0 out of 5 stars Its okay, 15 Sep 2013
This review is from: The X-Files: The Album (Audio CD)
I like half of this album, mainly Teotihuacan track and the X files remixed theme. The others are fairly hit and miss unless your fond of the particular artists. If you stay with the last track it runs on for about 10-15 mins, there is a complete explanation of the X files mythology as an additional item. I found this really useful just to tie the loose ends of the story together. It explains about the black oil, the role of the syndicate, and the forthcoming invasion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 1 Feb 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Music to fight the future by, 7 Jun 2003
Daniel Jolley "darkgenius" (Shelby, North Carolina USA) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The X-Files: The Album (Audio CD)
There are some good songs on this X-Files movie soundtrack, but there are really only three tracks that seem to evoke the X-Files mania in my blood: One's Filter, Better Than Ezra's One More Murder, and, just barely thanks to the crazy remix done by The Dust Brothers, The X-Files Theme. The other tracks really just don't strike me as X-Files material. This is not to say I dislike the other tracks, though. I don't really care for the Foo Fighters, but Walking After You is more than satisfactory to my ears. Ween's Beacon Light, The Cardigans' Deuce, and Soul Coughing's 16 Horses are somewhat unusual yet positive introductions to bands I am unfamiliar with. I was happy to find a track from The Cure included on the soundtrack, although I prefer Robert Smith when he is more depressed and maudlin. Bjork's music is particularly hard to describe; Hunter, a song you can certainly find elsewhere as well, is quite good, but I'm not sure how much Bjork I could stand at one time. Of course, with the good come the bad. I know nothing about X except for the fact that someone should tell her/them that Jim Morrison does not need any help singing classic Doors songs. Sting is always annoying to me, and his collaboration with Aswad on Invisible Sun is par for the course. Noel Gallagher's Teotihuacan is nothing but music lasting an incredibly long seven minutes. If you let the last track keep playing, after several minutes of silence you will hear Chris Carter expound upon the X-Files mythology, which is a nice addition. Thus, this soundtrack is actually a pretty good one, offering a number of different types of music, but for the most part the album just isn't dark and mysterious enough to put me in mind of The X-Files when I play it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice if you're a bit stuck for new music, 10 Feb 2001
This review is from: The X-Files: The Album (Audio CD)
I love the X-Files, I saw the movie and i loved it even more - I first discovered the Foo Fighters from this soundtrack and I'm not crazy about them. Walking After you is one of the most beautiful songs ever and this version certainly beats the Foo album version. Tonic came as a surprise, very intriguing i gotta say!all in all a grrrrrrrreat album!

The X-Files: The Album
The X-Files: The Album by The X-Files (Related Recordings) (Audio CD - 1999)