5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome
If you like the Carpenters, then it's well worth a listen to this album.
It is an alternative take to many of the Carpenters classics.
Highlights for me are Superstar - Sonic Youth and Yesterday Once More - Redd Kross.
Published 17 months ago by David Laidler

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I remembered it.
Bit of nostalgia for me, had this on tape & lost it during one of my many moves or weekend road-trips, so decided to replace it. Must have been a happy time when I was listening to it before as I now only enjoy one or two of the tracks, whereas before I loved the whole album.
Published 22 months ago by D. J. Pass

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 30 Jun 2013
David Laidler (The Wire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: If I Were a Carpenter: a Tribute to the Carpenters (Audio CD)
If you like the Carpenters, then it's well worth a listen to this album.
It is an alternative take to many of the Carpenters classics.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really love this album but my mum hates it, 4 Aug 2000
By A Customer
This is a seriously good album. "haunting" is a good way of describing the Sonic Youth cover of "Superstar". Gerenally all the tracks on the album are fantastic, however, the Cracker "Rainydays and Mondays" scares me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I remembered it., 21 Feb 2013
D. J. Pass (England) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Karen would not be happy with it!, 25 Aug 2004
By A Customer
Some dire singers on there - real dissapointment - you would have thought they could have got some talented artists to cover the songs - Linda Perry & 4 Non Blondes do a good, but different version oF Bless the beasts and the children, probably the best part of the album, worst part has to be the cover of "top of the world" cringe worthy, sung by a foreign lady, sounds like Margarita Pracatan. The songs have not been done any justice. Wouldn't bother with it!