• Krush

Krush
Format: Audio CDChange

on 15 October 2002
DJ Krush's forst album is a mix of heavy beats, chilled trumpets and smooth female singers.
Keeping The Motion's sax driven beats over a nince female vocal are a good sign of things to come, with Roll and Tumble's harsh bass and tinkly piano another excellent example of Krush's many talents. Big City Lover is another example of a great singer and superb piano chorus that make this album on of, if not his best works.
But for me, it's On the Dub-ble's haunting sax and Ruff-Neck Jaw's pacy jazz that make this album amazing.
Buy this album for:
Pacy, upbeat hip-hop breaks
A truly amazing trumpet track
Great female vocals
Don't buy it:
If you don't like hip-hop style music
on 17 April 2001
This is amazin, kickintheteeth, jazz, breaks, hiphop beats - totally recked!! After buyin Code4109 about a year ago I finally got round to getting some earlier Krush, and was I dissappointed - nah! Krush is a legend, fact! All tracks on this are hybrid, jazz'n hiphop masterpieces that draw on trumpet, saxophone, 3 of the best female vocals I've heard this year and more than a handful of perfectly chosen samples. Not as much scratching as I thought ther'd be - but not necessarily a bad thing. Five stars!!!
on 14 March 2001
Just one word to describe this cd: incredible. DJ KRUSH is a real music genius because he is able to fuse different parts and different sounds into something incredibly compact and amazing to hear! I'm not promoting this artist, I just want to thank my friend Shiva that made me discover this very particular and special kind of music.
on 27 November 2009
I have to post a review here as this is probably the worst album in the DJ Krush stable I have ever had the misfortune to actually buy (upon its release).

The lyrics are terrible, the beats clunky and at import prices this album really is not worth the money. I cannot understand why this has received such rave reviews.

I have followed DJ Krush for a long while and can whole heartedly recommend every album he has since produced bar this one. If you want great beats, excellent loops and a sound still as crisp today as it was when released I can recommend any of the following: "Meiso", "Milight" and "Holonic: The Self Megamix."

If you want the good jazz album he produced then purchase Ki-Oku where he collaborated with trumpeter Toshinori Kondo. Seminal.

I cannot emphasise this enough, give this atrocious piece of trash a wide berth.